BMR and TDEE

Options
I really need some help figuring this out, I am on day 10 and have lost nothing, I am eating really well or better then i was, I am 5'2 34 years old. My BMR is 1334 and my TDEE is 2068, can someone please explain to me how i figure this all out, how many calories to eat etc.... I was on here last year and my BMR was 1200, I lost 16lbs in 3 months and gained some muscle and toned up alot only to fall off the wagon, and now i hace puy 6lbs back on, i would like to strengthen my body while losing weight, please help!!!

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You eat above your BMR and below your TDEE, usually a 10-20% cut from TDEE.. have you factored in your activity level? Thats a very important part to how much you eat as you don't want a huge deficit (slows progress/plateau).. If you want to tone up, I suggest resistance training.. but eating at a deficit won't add muscle but will help eat the fat away from those.. There are a bunch of informative posts on here that will give you a better idea of what you need to do and eating plans.
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    Thanks everyone for getting back to me, I was wondering why I felt hungry all the time, yes I included my activity level :) how to i include my calories burned from workout or exercise??
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    so i looked back ay my food log and i am between these numbers except 1 day????
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    How accurate are you in everything you eat? You might be over estimating.
  • donnamfreitagross
    Options
    I think i'm being pretty darn accurate on everything, i don't only check on here for how much calories i consume and burn..
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    so i looked back ay my food log and i am between these numbers except 1 day????
    Remember that 3500 calories equals one pound. You must have a deficit of 3500 in order to lose a pound a week. That's a tall order, unless you're working out like crazy and not eating back your exercise calories.

Just keep at it. You're doing fine.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    If you are including exercise in your thoughts when you choose activity level, then don't add extra calories for exercise. They are already in there.

I use sedentary setting and then log ALL activity separately including exercise AND any daily activity more than my usual. In other words, I will add housework calories in only if it is more than my usual picking up. If I am more active in my job on a certain day, I log that (some days I walk all day, some days I am mostly at my desk).

But otherwise you are doubling up your exercis calories.

Check out the "InPlace of a Road Map" group for spreadsheets that will help you calculate TDEE andBMR