50lbs down my progress

Options
jhigg11
jhigg11 Posts: 121 Member
I'm not done yet, but the last 7 months of my life have really transformed me as a person. I was diagnosed with a hashimoto's disease/hypothyroidism a few months before I started. I have to work so hard to lose the pounds, and I am so proud. I love getting up at 4:30am and working my toosh off. I have signed up for my first 5k and I am so ready for it. I do a bootcamp early, and I am back to weight lifting 3 times a week. I am running 2 times a week, alternating sprinting days and long runs (p.s. long runs for me are under 3 miles.) I really don't like running, but I am working on the things that I don't like. Next year, I want to do tough mudder, so that is the goal.
Myfitnesspal has really taught me a lot. I get inspired here, and I have learned so much about food. I have a great group of dedicated fitness buddies, who are also getting to their goals.
Just want to say, that I was lost when my family moved from Ireland to America 18 years ago. I didn't know where I fit, and finally I feel like I know who I am and where I fit. I feel like that kid that used to run fearlessly through the hills, and wasn't afraid of doing anything.
So here I am.

EDIT: I just want to add this, because I feel it's so important and the only reason I have been able to get where I am. Everyday, I wake up happy, positive and excited. EVERYDAY!!! I don't question it, I don't look for negativity. I avoid the negativity at all costs. When someone brings up something negative, I turn it around into something positive. I don't need the overwhelming debilitating feeling negativity can bring. It's what kept me in a depression for 5 years. So if you are struggling, think about where your mind is at. Don't tell yourself you can't do anything. Even if it hurts, or is awkward. The mentality of telling yourself, I'm going to try anyway is so powerful. Let's do this people!

Progress_zps9335f4551_zps67659d47.jpg

resize_zps050c3127.jpg

resize2_zpsc6c09d8d.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!