School Recipes

Options
Being away at school isn't always easy when it comes to eating right. Like many other University and College Students, I tend to just take the easy road out opposed to making the right and healthy decision.

Can anyone suggest some healthy meals for me to make while at school?

Any friend requests welcome too, always looking for some advice.

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I personally find:

skinnytaste.com
    hungrygirl.com

VERY useful for having low calorie versions of the stuff I love eating. Nachos, pizza, buffalo wings, chili, spinach dips etc, all there in low calorie version. They also have other more traditional recipes.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    agreed with stfuriada:

Hungry-Girl.com
    LIvebetteramerica.com

Also stick to the outside edges of your grocery store, as you will notice, veggies, fruits, nuts, lean proteins and low fat dairy tend to be on the outer edges, all the processed stuff is in the middle. Not saying you shouldn't go grab some canned tuna in water for sandwiches (make with mustard and just a touch of miracle whip), or a can of beans, veggies, or even hit up the frozen section for frozen veggies to add to omelettes.

It's quite simple but then again being in college isn't conducive to healthy lifestyles. Avoid the late night pizza, or go to HG to see what alternatives she has to satisfy your high fat and cal craving. Be smart, shop smart, eat smart ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Bump for Skinnytaste but I HATE Hungry Girl! It is so disorganized, search function sucks, no proper categories and photos aren't as nice as so many other bloggers out there.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump for Skinnytaste but I HATE Hungry Girl! It is so disorganized, search function sucks, no proper categories and photos aren't as nice as so many other bloggers out there.

Haha so true. Her titles are so misleading sometimes that you don't know what she's talking about until you click.

However, she recently posted a 3 slice french toast recipe the other day that was only 277 calories, so I'm sticking with her xD.
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas