What are good things to eat to up my fiber and protein?

Options
I struggle with hunger so im want to up my fiber and protein but dont know what are some healthy options to do so. Thanks!!!!!!!

Replies

• lpepper
    Options
    I eat Fiber One Honey Squares cereal every day with some Almond Milk and it fills me up so much I had to set an alarm to remind me about my snack. At night, I usually munch on a mix of walnuts, pecans and raisins. Protein shakes work for me as do the protein/fiber bars.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    nuts. high in fibre and protein.
    I had 35g of roasted monkey nuts last night. 203 calories, 9g of protein and 4g of fibre.. Plus some "good" fats.

Best source of protein i have, are my protein shakes, then grilled chicken and beef.

Every few days i grab a 40g bowl of Kellogs All Bran for a sick amount of fibre :laugh:
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    meat and vegetables
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I struggle with hunger so im want to up my fiber and protein but dont know what are some healthy options to do so. Thanks!!!!!!!

Meat for protein. For fiber, eat cereals/grains and fruits and veggies.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lean meats, fish, green leafy veggies, fruit, flaxseed, natural peanut butter, almonds, eggs and greek yogurt.
  • janjab78
    Options
    The other posters have good suggestions. I would also add beans and legumes to that list- just be cautious of the amount of sodium in the canned beans.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds tick both boxes.
  • charlieman1984
    charlieman1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Tuna, salmon I think are the best for protein when it comes to meats. If you're not a fish person then chicken or egg whites.

Fiber would be grains and nuts, but be careful that you get un salted nuts and don't over eat on them.

I try to stay away from processed foods (though I usually loose that fight). I find eating something freshly made even if it is a little more unhealthy for you looking at the ingredients still give you better results in the long run. that could be though that I just become more conscious with what I'm eating when it's being made besides just pulling out a bar from a box.
  • whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much.
    :-)
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Tempeh is awesome for high protein/low fat/low carb/no cholesterol.

Adding psyllium husk fiber to drinks/yogurt/cereal is a huge boost in fiber and low on cals.