New, but not really..

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Lisa. I've logged in before and started and lost some weight. At some point I hit a wall and now I'm back on the plan again with a good start. Trying to find some cyber support because my hubby, while he tries, just doesn't cut it in terms of me losing weight!:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa - my name is Lisa too! I have been with MFP for about two months. I too am back at things more seriously since Christmas. I find this site does a good job of keeping me on track and giving me the motivation to do well. Please add me as a friend if you like.
  • clarkkr
    Options
    I know what you mean. My husband means well but when he brings home a gallon of ice-cream knowing full well that I cannot say "no" I feel like he is setting me up. I too need some outside support and motivation. Everyday I wake up I think, "today is going to be the day that I will do good. I will go to the gym today and take some time for me", but then the kids get up, and everyone needs something. My gym time is lost because after work I am running kids from one activity to another. It's days like these that I think, I deserve the ice-cream.
  • Binky280
    Options
    I'm back, too. Only on my 3rd day. I lost a good bit of weight doing MFP back in 2011....since then I've gained 18 pounds back, so I'm here to lose that, plus reach my ACTUAL goal! My husband loves Mexican food and hot wings and will not give them up...even though he needs to, so I TOTALLY feel you! He means well though...I think. LOL! Good luck !! you CAN do it this time!!
  • syddiane09
    syddiane09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same way. =) He supports what I'm doing, but won't stop me when I want a piece of cake. lol
  • lorijean38
    lorijean38 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sounding like a broken record ..... my hubby is the same!! LOL Anyone is free to friend request me and we can all support each other!!
  • lmcrowe82
    lmcrowe82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have to wonder what it is about the husbands. :wink: My mom has pointed out that every time I set out to lose weight, my husband brings stuff in the house, etc.. He too is way overweight. He wants another child but some days I question his actions! My son wanted brownies the other night, well a mix, and I said no. He asked me why and I said, "Because Mommy will eat them and I don't want to." I am the person that can't even have it in the house or it's gone. :grumble: My son is far from deprived (he did get cookies that I could care less about for his lunch) but he's now trying to figure it out. Any ideas how to explain to a kindergartener, in a nice way, that mommy is fat and needs to lose her butt? *lol*