the good, the bad and the ugly

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
the good: hubby gave me a scalp massage so good i melted into a puddle of goo;
the bad: the fox is loney and barks all night long to find a mate;
and the ugly: the boys lost two library books that i have to pay for and replace (at $17.95 a piece).

share one of each. what's your good, bad and ugly today?

Replies

• JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The Good: My 4 day migrain episode is finally over!!
    The Bad: Now I need to catch up on the work I didn't complete thanks to the migrain.
    The Ugly: There is more work in the In basket than I have time for -- and they all want it today!
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The good: It's monday and I'm actually quite energized this morning. I love water with lemon slices!

The bad: Had to order a new dress at the last minute for my sisters "little black dress" 30th b-day party this weekend and had to pay $14.95 in shipping and handling.

The ugly: Planted grass in the backyard and the dog took down the fencing and dug a 2 foot hole to put his milkbone in.
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    The Good: My son now has a date for Prom this Friday
    The Bad: Now I am helping him get some last minute plans set (corsage, dinner, etc)
    The Ugly: This was already going to be a crazy week, both at work and with Scouts, band fundraisers, etc.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    The Good: I'm down 30 lbs!

The Bad: Instead of going to school part time this week - the kiddo will be there full-days because it's standardized testing week.

The Ugly: Preparing for our homeschool assessment and while I know we've done a lot in reading and math... I don't have a lot of "proof"... we don't do worksheets... so now I've got to figure out how to "show" what he's learned.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The good: I dropped off clothes/snacks at my office last night so I can bike commute 4 days this week.
    The bad: I forgot to pack a lunch today.
    The ugly: I have done something to my neck, it hurts to turn to left side.
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    The Good: I have a job interview today!

The Bad: I am not sure I want the job!

The Ugly: But I hate the job I'm in - vicious cycle!
  • Firefrog76
    Options
    The good: I jogged for 40 minutes straight today.
    The bad: I have to work tomorrow.
    The ugly: I know I'll be sore for days from said running.

The better: I know I'll run it again now that I know I can, sore or not!
  • christinagriffith
    christinagriffith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The Good: I get to "wow" the ladies at bible study tonight with my homemade lasagna (even the pasta is from scratch) and amazing Lamb's Rest Inn Cookies!

The Bad: I tasted a little too much of the cookie dough and had a couple too many piping hot cookies last night.

The Ugly: I also went overboard on my consumption of the fish fry goodies as well, at least each day is a new one right?
  • estes58
    estes58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The Good : Off work today and getting alot done around the house
    The Bad: I've plateaued...lost 20 lbs first 2 months with MFP and now haven't lost anything in 9 days and I am not really doing anything different
    The Ugly: Going to drop cals and step up exercise see if this works.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    The Good : My 5 Y/o seems better.

The Bad : My Gran is dying :(

The Ugly : I feel rougher than normal.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The good: I think I'm falling in love.

The bad: In the long run, I don't think this guy is the best choice for me.

The ugly: On top of this, he is my ex's best friend.
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    The Good : the sun is shining
    The Bad: my w/e at work was hell
    The ugly: I will not look for any ugly today, had enough all w/e
  • allygabi04
    Options
    The good: I lost a pound over the weekend
    The bad: I was running late this morning so my entire day is going to seem rushed
    The ugly: today is monday....bla bla bla
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    the good: only TWO weeks of school left and I'm on week 2 of p90x already

the bad: tomorrow is weigh in day and it is looking like I will be a bit short of the weight loss goal (reach 175).

the ugly: this week's school schedule including two exams, three homework assignments (two due today with about 20% completed), and two lab reports.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The Ugly: Preparing for our homeschool assessment and while I know we've done a lot in reading and math... I don't have a lot of "proof"... we don't do worksheets... so now I've got to figure out how to "show" what he's learned.
    Is there any way the standardized testing results will prove that they have become well versed in math and reading?
  • KBC12
    KBC12 Posts: 10
    Options
    The Good: I just went for a walk on this beautiful monday morning and won my soccer game last night
    The bad: I basically live out of a duffle bag at my boyfriends house
    The ugly: I have a huge exam tomorrow that I haven't really studied for....

If that is my bad and my ugly, I'm living a pretty amazing life thus far. :)
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The good: Sunday is our 1 year wedding anniversary.

The bad: It's only Monday

The ugly: I got bit by a bug this weekend and since I'm pretty darn allergic to bug bites it looks gross.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Is there any way the standardized testing results will prove that they have become well versed in math and reading?

It's possible... but difficult to say. One of the reasons I homeschool is because he's dyslexic... standardized tests are ummmm... almost unbearable for him. For Math and Reading we follow a completely different curriculum than the school does. As a matter of fact - we create our own curriculum for math. Instead of teaching him to calculate area on paper... we go out with a tape measure and measure the area of our garden, our driveway, etc. Then I'll ask him how much he would charge me to weed the garden. Then he calculates how much he would get per square foot, etc. We do "cooking math", "shopping math" (what's the better value per unit)... it's all very practical stuff... but he's never "seen" the stuff on paper.

It's possible that the standardized tests will prove that the progress is good... it's also just as likely that the tests will say he's learned nothing.... so we always do the assessment "just in case". On the plus side... after 2 years of homeschooling full time... and after him never getting higher than a C in K-3rd grade... my kiddo has achieved honor roll all year long in Social Studies, Writing, Science, Gym, Art and Band (plays clarinet). His confidence is through the roof!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The Good: I have 3 days off of work starting today!

The Bad: I have to practice Spanish Web like crazy these next three days to be able to perform when I go back to work!

The Ugly: I can already feel the pain in my body before I even get started!