How do you count this?

Options
This morning I had some greek yogurt that had fruit on the bottom. I rarely eat the fruit, but I like the little bit of sweetness the juice gives. I do eat all the yogurt. I know I didn't eat all the carbs associated with it, but should I just count the carbs knowing that I didn't eat them?

Replies

• MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think you might be obsessing a little bit.

If you just ate the yoghurt with a little bit of that fruit stuff I would guess the yoghurt was about 3/4 cup - just select a plain yoghurt from MFP database then add say 1/2 strawberry/fruit jam/jelly for the sauce as it will no doubt be full of sugar.

I wouldn't worry about your carbs so much. You are probably worrying over about 5ml of fruit sauce?!

If it was me in this predicament and I asked my friends they would tell me to get a grip of myself!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Sugar will have been added to the yoghurt not just the jam and any fat (higher calorie than sugar) will be in the yoghurt part. Next time buy plain Greek yoghurt and add your own sweetener, should be cheaper easier to track and have fewer carbs.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Considering the tiny amount of fruit those things usually have I'd just count the whole thing. Actually I'd buy plain and add my own fruit, etc, but if I did buy the fruit ones I'd count it all.
  • AnewTif
    AnewTif Posts: 26
    Options
    I think you might be obsessing a little bit.

If you just ate the yoghurt with a little bit of that fruit stuff I would guess the yoghurt was about 3/4 cup - just select a plain yoghurt from MFP database then add say 1/2 strawberry/fruit jam/jelly for the sauce as it will no doubt be full of sugar.

I wouldn't worry about your carbs so much. You are probably worrying over about 5ml of fruit sauce?!

If it was me in this predicament and I asked my friends they would tell me to get a grip of myself!

LOL, Thanks. Not really obsessing. I've been at this for a long while and lost over 100 lbs. It just kind of hit me this morning and just curious about what others do.
  • AnewTif
    AnewTif Posts: 26
    Options
    Considering the tiny amount of fruit those things usually have I'd just count the whole thing. Actually I'd buy plain and add my own fruit, etc, but if I did buy the fruit ones I'd count it all.

I'm counting it all. I'd rather overestimate than underestimate. :)
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Fruit-on-the-bottom type yogurts have a gigantic amount of sugar in the bottom thing which is much rather syrup than fruit. I never buy these. I can mix plain yogurt with my own fruits and then I know what I'm eating...