need advice

Options
:ohwell: question MFP's i am a week in and most days its hard for me to comsume 1200 cal any advise? and will this stop me from losing weight? any suggestions on energy boosting foods?

Replies

• Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200 cals too. Try to plan ahead with your meals/snacks because its really important to eat. You dont need to eat in excess of that but you should cover the 1200. I keep a snack at work so that while I have a minute and I feel the rumble I can just grab my special K bar. You can do it!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    It's hard at first.. but your body will get use to it. Veggies are low cal and can fill you fast!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    eat more calorie dense foods like avocado and whole fats (all the egg, not just the egg white). Nuts also boost calories, eat 1/3 cup of trail mix as a snack
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    also think about drinking your calories...smoothies or juicing for snacks is a good idea
  • btorres514
    Options
    I keep carrots at work to snack on in between breakfast and lunch. Also, between lunch and dinner I keep some type of veggie or fruit snack to keep me filled and so when I get home I won't feel like I'm starving and grab anything in sight before I prepare dinner.
  • nanniejulie
    Options
    I have the same trouble and havent reached my full allowance so far this week. sorry not much help to you but i'm hoping it will mean a big weight loss :smile:
  • GmasDolly
    GmasDolly Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Protein drinks and bars are a good way to drop calories and weight. I use the AdvantEdge Carb control skakes and the Slim Fast or Atkins bars for snacks. The protein bars I use are MetRX.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It depends how close you are coming. If you are at 1150, it won't be a big deal. If you are way under, think about using avocados, cooking with olive oil and adding a handful of nuts to your daily diet.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm also a 1200 calorie eater on the slim fast 3-2-1 plan. As I like to call it the 4-3-2-1 plan because I add four 16.9 ounce bottles of Dasani water to my plan to ensure the recommended daily water intake. You can read about the plan on slimfast.com if you're curious.

Really I'm not sure if you find it hard to eat that many calories or that few because I've had a hard time both ways since I started. The main thing that helps me get to the end of the day and not feel that I overate and stuffed at the end of the day, or that I'm starving, is spacing my food out carefully mindful of the time when I eat. I try to map out all the hours in the day and time my meals and snacks so that I am not going 3 hours between any of them. This may help with your energy levels as well. This particular diet has taught me that feeling that gnawing hunger feeling all day is not necessary to reach my calorie goals. I've done another diet in the past that focused so much on timing the foods that I got in that habit and bring that to slim fasting this time around, but will not go into detail on that diet here because it is not a calorie based diet and it would not help this topic. If you're curious you can message me. BOTH eating plans have worked for me in the past for losing as well as maintaining.

Don't go hungry, adjust your plan, shift your calories around to where it feels good and sustainable for the long haul. Good luck, you can do it!
  • MightySpacy
    Options
    Is it hard because you find you're over the 1200 or under the 1200? If over, drink green tea, helps make you feel full and it's super good for you. Like someone above said think about drinking a meal or two, I do Shakeology and Visuals (I prefer Visuals though :)) If it's under, it's very important that your body get enough calories. If it doesn't it's in a constant state of starvation mode and is most likely using your muscle as a fuel instead of the fat you actually want gone!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have the same trouble and havent reached my full allowance so far this week. sorry not much help to you but i'm hoping it will mean a big weight loss :smile:

Whenever I have fallen short of my calorie goal, myfitnesspal has a warning on the bottom of my daily food log stating that eating less than 1200 calories a day can be detrimental to my weight loss by putting the body in starvation mode or something (I think that's where the body gloms on to every calorie or fat or something to store it thinking that you are like a person stranded in the desert or something starving to death). For that reason I am careful to add calories when that happens by getting a little treat like a smoothie or something that gets me a little over like 50 -100. I'd be careful if you are always under 1200 because when the day comes that you can no longer stand it and eat a lot your body may try to hang onto every calorie/fat gram and store it as fat, or at least that's what they say.