Mama who wants to lose weight for vacation!

scotlynsmama
scotlynsmama Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone I am un sure how all this works but I hope everyone is doin great & ne tips would be greatly appreciated! I need to learn to eat more healthy and make may portion size smaller...I really hope to stay motivated!

Replies

• mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Hi mama

Basically you log all your meals, and snacks. this shows you how many calories you have rememing for the day. I found to help with portions in the begining I'd input the meal BEFORE I ate it to see how many calories it was. If it was excessive I'd cut back on either the portion or substitute things. Its amazing how many calories you loose in things like ketchup, mayo ect. Not saying you can't have those, just don't go overboard.

Its all about calories in vs calories out. If you eat more then you burn off you gain.

Oh and a good tip for portion size, use a salad plate not a dinner plate. that way when you fill your plate your eating less. Drink water when you think your hungry as sometimes thats all you need.

And good luck :)
  • rampongi
    rampongi Posts: 2
    Mama who wants to lose weight her as well. I am norwegian and have this application on my Iphone aswell as computer.
    I love to check how many calories there are in different kinds of food. It really helps me to stay away from candy, chips and mayo :)
    I am sorry for the bad english-I am norwegian.

I changed my lifestyle and eatinghabits 2 weeks ago and I have so far gained(!) 1 kilogram.. too bad, but maybe I work to much in comparison to how much I eat..

My plan was to loose weight for our summervacation, but that starts in little over 2 weeks time, so I have not big hope..

Stay motivated and think yourself thin! Believe in your effort and stay strong :)
  • thanks for the tips ive been keeping myself busy going through all this stuff on here this morning.. man I ate a hard candy and i looke dit up its amazing something so little can have that many calories its really eye opening! Thanks again! congrats on all your goal reaching thats awesome! I hope I join ya soon :)
This discussion has been closed.