Best Motivational Diet Book?

Options
I just started my diet and I am looking to purchase a motivational diet book but I there are 100's of them! Does anyone have a favorite that they might suggest? I would like it to be funny/realistic if at all possible. THANKS!

Replies

• bevcrok
    bevcrok Posts: 40
    Options
    When You Eat at the Refrigerator, Pull Up a Chair: 50 Ways to Feel Thin, Gorgeous, and Happy (When You Feel Anything But)

I love that book, but it is not a diet book (as in it does not lay out an eating or workout plan). It is a book that is about motivation and evaluation.
  • amyloowho2
    amyloowho2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the exact type of book that I am looking for. I will go check it out. Thank you!
  • rungrainnerun
    rungrainnerun Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Run Fat B***h Run! by Ruth Feild.. If you're any way interested in exercising to loose weight as well as watching your food. It makes you confront the ugly truth in a funny way, and everything in it is completely true (from experience!!) Running will change your life and you'll never have to start another diet again if you stick with it :)
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl" by Shauna Reid. Absolutely amazing. Funny, realistic. It started as a blog that was made into a book, the blog is still up and running today.

www.dietgirl.org

I have read it at least 3 times over the past few years, I find it utterly inspirational!