Calories and Carbs!!

Options
I just started MFP and noticed that my carb intake is always low. I always have to exceed my calories in order to come close to getting the amount of carbs I'm suppose to have. How can I get more carbs without getting alot more calories?

Replies

• thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    well you can eat fruits and vegetable which have carbs, but not alot of calories
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I just started MFP and noticed that my carb intake is always low. I always have to exceed my calories in order to come close to getting the amount of carbs I'm suppose to have. How can I get more carbs without getting alot more calories?

Focus on creating a consistent calorie deficit while getting in adequate protein and fats, wouldn't overly worry about hitting a certain amount of carbs per day
  • amberl231
    Options
    okay. thank you. Ya i wasnt sure if it was a big deal or not. I always double my protein everyday. but i know that cant be bad!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Whose macro split are you following, MFP standard settings? If so that is lower in protein and higher in carbs than most people follow anyway.

Otherwise are you eliminating food groups? Carbs are dead easy to get from a balanced diet, there are some in most fruits and vegetables, beans and lentils, wholegrains. You can't get carbs without calories, they are a macronutrient and about 4 calories per gram.
  • amberl231
    Options
    MFP'S. Daily intake of Carbs is 165 and protein is 45. But i usually take in 70-90g of protein daily.