eating through the night

Options
hi, i have 2 little children and sometimes get up through the night for them, then i find myself looking for something to eat. i know eating early hours of the morning is no good, help. 2am and i'm hungry.

Replies

• Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    I do the same thing as well, and it's been driving my crazy. last night while my son was drinking his bottle his mom was all guilty like hunched over in the kitchen eating chips and homemade pico de gallo... I'm really starting to depress myself, cuz it's not stuff I would eat during the day. And I don't know how to stop it...
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, it is so good to know I am not the only one with this problem. sometimes it is almost like I am sleep eating. I will get up with the baby and instinctively grab something to eat. I do it without even realizing it. It makes me so mad, cause in the morning I realize it and how many calories it adds too. I don't know how to stop either, its like an addiction.
  • marcia75
    marcia75 Posts: 2
    Options
    OKAY... I gave in and had a slice fruit cake and a glass of milk, will be able to go back to sleep until 7ish now. this is something i need to change, just join this site and the biggest loser site looking for all the couragement and wisedom from all. thank you and good night.
  • imherrera
    Options
    Hey Guys, What has helped me the most on not eating through the night are two things: eliminating anything in your diet that you wouldn't eat during the regular day, and having a big lunch. From the research I have seen most experts say that eating a big lunch mitigate the hunger you feel at night. Now, I say that but keep in mind that although you should eat a big meal it should also be a healthy big meal. But if you absolutely have to eat, only have things in your fridge that you know won't make you gain weight. I have followed the advice of my "healthy buddies" and have already lost 16 pounds in a month.
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    have a large glass of water- many times it is hydration that is needed!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could make yourself a cup of non-caffenated tea? Sometimes the warm liquid helps me fall asleep even.
    But if you MUST eat solid food maybe you could have some kind of really low, low calorie type food.
    Get rid of any food that you would not eat during the day.

GOOD LUCK!