Jillian Michaels - 6 week six pack...

Options
Anyone tried this?

This arrived on my doorstep today. I started it and got half way through level one :blushing: :blushing: and stopped.....

I did make the mistake of completing my normal exercise routine before hand so I might try my hand at it again this afternoon once i've had some lunch and feeling a bit more energetic :laugh:

So heres to my 6 week six pack.... anyone want to join me?

Replies

• shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i didn't know about this dvd. I have just completed the 30 Day Shred. I might have a look at his one :-)
  • BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I liked it, it kind of concentrates on your abs (obviously) and I really want to get rid of my baby belly so fingers crossed!!

I had some lunch and tried it again and made it all the way through this time so at least no i know i can get through it :laugh:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i've ordered it, and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow! question: does it say how often ur supposed to do it? is it everyday, every other day?? i've tried to look this up, but i can't seem 2 find the answer anywhere... i know (at least i think i know) ur supposed to let ur muscles rest & not work the same muscles everyday... so i wonder how often we're supposed to do it...

oh yeah, & once mine arrives, i'd love to join you :-)
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I tried this yesterday after doing her Boost your Metabolism. I have On Demand and also do 30 day Shred but I'm just on day 5... I dont do it everyday. But like you, I only did the first round or half of 6 week six pack. I was tired from the other video and I am ALL about form because I do not want an injury to set me back. Speaking of back, lol, my lower back is really sore this morning as well as my right knee. I would caution those who try her videos to watch them a few times and make sure you can use proper form especially on the squats. I consider myself in pretty good shape and use 10lb weights for Shred but while I was doing the other two videos I thought to myself, Gheesh a beginner could really hurt themselves if they did not know what they were doing.

I plan to do 6W6pk again this week to get through all 40 minutes. I like the music/motivation and how short 30 day shred is in comparison.
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did this today. I find 30 day shred more challenging though, but I have completed it. Not sure when I should do this again. After doing 30 day shred constantly I am looking for a bit of variety.
  • RachaelKaye4
    RachaelKaye4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm doinh 30DS atm and will be doing this over Lent. How often are you guys doing it? Xxxx
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    as a 6w6p veteran, here's a few tips ladies:

1) it's cardio-based ab work. i find that i get a pretty decent calorie burn (based on my HRM) just doing 6w6p alone.
    2) you're supposed to do 21 days of level 1 then 21 days of level 2. not sure how you want to split that up but i took my time. i pretty much ended up doing level 1 for like 5 weeks (not daily) then moved on to level 2 for 3 weeks.
    3) level 2, IMO, is worthless as far as ab work goes. i thought level 2 was a ton of squats and lunges!

my favorite JM routine is a combo of the first 2 circuits from banish fat boost metabolism then all of no more trouble zones. BFBM is by far her hardest cardio-based workout. 50 straight minutes of non-stop cardio and a crap ton of plyometrics! not the best workout DVD if you have trouble with your joints!

but all JM workouts are pretty effective. love them all and rotate them on a regular basis.