Best post work out meal?

Options
I always start my day off with a hearty breakfast of oatmeal in the morning. I normally work out about 45 mins after having it & after my work out which takes around an hour. I have a big protein shake that I add spinach & a few berries to. But, after drinking that I feel super sleepy & just want to take a nap. I did some research & it says carbs as well as protein should be eaten post work out to restore energy levels. So I'm thinking my lack of good carbs post work out may be the reason for me getting so sleepy right after. So I thought I would ask what are some of your favorite post work out meals that give you a lot if energy? Maybe if I added some dry oats or half a banana that might help. But, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• shaners1004
    shaners1004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I, if my calorie intake will allow, follow my work outs up with Danon Oikos Greek Yogurt. It has over 10 grams of protein and it taste like dessert :smile:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need a post workout meal at all unless you're a professional body builder or extreme athlete. Eat well at your regular meals.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need a post workout meal at all unless you're a professional body builder or extreme athlete. Eat well at your regular meals.

^ This

I'm usually not hungry after working out but I second the post the other poster had about maybe a greek yogurt...something light and with protein if possible. No need for heavy calorie laden snacks after working out.