Venting...

Options
*deep breath* I need to get back on track! I've had a terrible 3 weeks that has just totally derailed me. In this time i've spent a week out of town for work which resulted in eating out a lot, then I went home for easter and was bombarded with candy from every direction, then moved my girlfriend down with me to Louisiana which has resulted into a feeling out and reacclimation period cuz we'd been apart so long and my daily routines have been shot to hell. I haven't worked out regularly at all in this time period and then yesterday I learned about family issues back home. I'm irritated, stressed, and just annoyed with everything right now. end rant.

and i realized after i hit submit this should have gone in the motivation section, oh well

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Well, welcome back!
    And good for you for recognizing the fact that yesterday is gone and now is NOW. :flowerforyou:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Excersise will help releive your stress, and I know with me I find solutions to a lot of things while excersising.

Just sayin'
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i kno how you feel about the candy and the family issues (trust me really i do lol) i say get ur mind back on track and make sure the gf knows you will gettin back to workin out cus you need to! haha you can do it!!!:happy:
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Hopefully your rant benefited you... :smile:
    Sometimes you just have to get it out, but the great thing about this whole experience is there is NO QUOTA ON NEW BEGINNINGS here. :love:

So, yes, take that deep breath, evaluate where you are, and (as my dear departed mother used to say), "Take that first step (again), and the other steps will follow."

Wishing you success in your "new beginning"...

btw, you mentioned the candy of Easter, in my case it was all that delicious leftover Halloween candy that was the last straw...
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Agreed, great job in acknowledging it. I think with eating right and exercising that I'm learning when I'm busy or in a bad mood, eating and working out is now a priority. There's not "something I have to do first" or "it can wait till tomorrow" because tomorrow I don't want to look back on today and feel dissapointment. A lot of what motivates me is the way I feel when I don't do well, and I tell myself....that piece of pizza was not worth how horrible I feel now for not being strong enough to not eat it.

You can do this! :)
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    it's just so frustrating. i'm very much a creature of habit and for the past couple of weeks i feel like i've been stuck in a whirl wind. i just need to refocus and like you all said, take that first step again.