Gym Routines - ideas?

Options
Hi, I'm just wondering how people work out at the gym.
Ive got a membership but havent been for a while as ive been swimmingi nstead but fell I should mix it up.

Do you do interval training, like get your heart rate up then do weights then back to cardio or do you do 10 mins on each?

All routines/ideas welcome, if we mix it up it wont get boring!

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I do mostly cardio, some days it's just an hour on the treadmill doing intervals, sometimes it's 20 each on treadmill, bike, and elliptical, sometimes it's just an hour on the bike if my bad foot or knee is acting up as thats the easiest on me.
    Once a week or so I will get on the floor for crunches and stuff but I don't want to gain a lot of muscle so I don't use more than 5 pound weights for anything.
  • ScottieW
    ScottieW Posts: 10
    Options
    I have been doing ONLY cardio. Im focusing on running a 10 minute mile one day and slowy shaving time off my mile. because my endurance has been getting better. Should I be doing other things?
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I do strength training for legs on Monday, kick boxing on Tuesday, Cycling on Wednesday, strength training for arms on Thursday, cardio in some form on Friday and Saturday, and rest on Sunday.
  • gg3gg3
    gg3gg3 Posts: 2
    Options
    i lift weights 4 times a week, finish every time off with a 30 min cardio session on bike or stairmaster. Dont worry you wont gain alot of muscle unless you eat alot, you just improve your metabolism and tune your body. to gain serious muscle you have to eat at least 2400 cal/day
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do cardio every time I go tot he gym and try to get to the gym 4-5 days a week. I also do strength training. One day it's my upper body and the next it's my lower body and abs. My gym has life fitness machine I use for the strength trainging along with an AbCoaster. I also do side bends with a 10 lb. weight. I do 2 reps of 15 for most exercises. For cardio, I aim fro 35-60 minutes of cardio each time I am at the gym and switching between elliptical, bike and stair stepper.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    cardio and weights every MWF (30 min cardio and then total body weights)
    cardio at home or gym T and Th
    Sprinkle in some Les Mills classes like body pump or body combat

schedule changes monthly due to kids activities etc. Since my kids also go to the gym with me (age 11 and 15) we sit down Sunday night with the weekly calendar and figure out when we think we can go and where we might need to do a class or take a walk or bike ride through the 'hood.