For those who do weigh watchers? advice please.

Options
For those of you who use the program... How do you do it? Do you use the online one and pay for it? Do you go to meetings? Or do you manually record things? I'm interested in the program but would like some advice.
THANKS!

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    sorry, why are you coming here for ww advice? you can find out all this info on ww.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    sorry, why are you coming here for ww advice? you can find out all this info on ww.

Hey seoid....shouldn't you be working?? :laugh: :wink:
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    I was doing it. I did it for about 3 mos then I just recently decided to stick to the site (recording for both got to be really difficult since I'm ALWAYS on the run!) I didn't go to meetings and wasn't "officially" a member or anything. I just borrowed my sis-n-law's stuff and it worked out fine. I would just txt her every week after weigh in. I didn't really need someone to hold me accountable, whick is primarily what the meetings are for. I have my clothes that I still can't fit into to do that!!! But some ppl need that support group (which I have here) to give them a push when they are trying to slip off track. I did ok....lost 7-8 lbs. But honestly, I feel alot better since I started relying completely on this site. I pay more attention to things other than calories and get more of a well balanced diet, rather than eating 100cal cupcakes everytime for snacks or tons of fruit (tons of carbs!). You don't have to shell out the money for meetings...USE US! you can do it on your own with the materials or you can use this site. Good luck!!!! We'll be routing for you!
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options

well played:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    I go to meetings. For me I don't think the online tool alone would really be worth it -- If you just want a place to log your food, track your weight, and find recipes, then there are plenty of free resources for that (like MFP!!).

For me the meetings are really important though. I go every week and weigh in and usually stay for the meeting. You'd be surprised how inspiring it is to see the same people show up week after week.

I've lost all of my weight by following WW -- I joined MFP recently because I hit a plateau and I felt like WW points system was not giving me a close enough look at what I was eating - I wanted to start tracking calories, fat, protein, etc. So while MFP has been a super helpful tool for me, my :heart: belongs to WW. :smile:

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about WW!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options

well played:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

they have started monitoring yet....until then....play on. :drinker:
  • kellyd23
    kellyd23 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have done weight watchers before and found that if I get the monthly pass $39.95 (which comes out to be cheaper in the long run) I do well on it. This allows you to use the online tools and go to the meetings. There are many people who do the online version only and are sucessful, but I think the meetings are what kept me going. To have to stand on the scale each week in front of someone is motivating as well as them giving you encouraging tips and physically seeing others in your meetings succeeding with the program. I will say that when I first did Weight Watchers I lost 25lbs and it didn't even seem hard! I loved it. Over the years I slacked off and gained it all back :( For some reason I wasn't able to discipline myself as much as I did the first time I joined when I rejoined so I finally quit paying and decided to try something different this time around) Right now, I'm just going to count calories and see how I do...but weight watchers is still a program i HIGHLY recommend....especially going to the meetings!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options

wasn't trying to be rude ~ i'm just pizzy today. :grumble:

this site is so much better.
  • 123lookatme
    Options
    You gotta go to the meetings to weigh in and be with other people who can encourage you from their "testamonials." It's great and is a life-style anyone can live with.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I don't mind answering the question. Since this site is about weight loss and support of each other in general, sharing success stories and the like...

I did WW about two years ago. I paid to go to the meetings as it was a nice way to check in once a week an be held accountable to eat right so that I would lose weight. After 9 months of struggling to eat so little and only losing 10 lbs (I didn't exercise thank God or I really wouldn't have lost any weight) I stopped using the program and found another online site to track cals for a while. Then I used the WW website and found that I still wasn't losing weight and decided enough was enough...and found MFP.

For me personally I think I did not eat nearly enough cals using WW points system even though I was eating over every week. I think my body went into starvation mode because it was a struggle. This has just been my experience however...you will find that there are quite a few people who use this site and WW together and have had much success.

I really like their cookbooks though and use several of them often for healthy recipes that are simple and easy to make.

Good luck!
  • Twinmommy13
    Options
    I have done both and in my opinion WHY pay for something that you can do for free. Find a weight loss buddy either on here or just a friend that has similar goals. Be accountable for your self and track what and how much you eat and you will lose weight! Easier said then done . . . NO keep it in your mind that this is for you and your health and no program or amount of money can coax you to do it. Hang in there! Friend me if you need a buddy! I am on everyday and track religiously.
  • kellyd23
    kellyd23 Posts: 24
    Options
    That was the first, rude/negative comment I've seen on this site since I joined. That's dissappointing to me :( Hopefully in the future if someone thinks it's a dumb question, they will just roll their eyes and look past it, instead of saying something rude making someone feel dumb!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    That was the first, rude/negative comment I've seen on this site since I joined. That's dissappointing to me :( Hopefully in the future if someone thinks it's a dumb question, they will just roll their eyes and look past it, instead of saying something rude making someone feel dumb!

was just saying that she can find that info on ww.....that's what the website is for. i apologized. gesh.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Agreed! Pissiness is for Myspace!
  • cassieohlaa
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice. I enjoy reading your comments. Weight watchers was just something for me to think about because I recently have many friends on it. I think I may actually stick to the site because I enjoy all of the features.

THANKS
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice. I enjoy reading your comments. Weight watchers was just something for me to think about because I recently have many friends on it. I think I may actually stick to the site because I enjoy all of the features.

THANKS

I sent you email. :flowerforyou:
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I was taught growing up "it's not what you say but how you say it" anything can be said to someone but it is how you deliver what you say that matters