for the girls out there!

Options
i hate the bloating when it comes to that time of the month (plus my weight always ALWAYS goes up...it's really de-motivating)

so i was wondering how do you girls all deal with any bloating problems (if you have them) and how you stay motivated?

Replies

• Tabi1113
    Options
    I have the same issue. I try not to step on the scale during that time of he month lol. I also drink a lot of water and that seems to help me.
  • FormerSuperHero
    FormerSuperHero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    green tea seems to help me
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Don't get on the scale during and a few days after. At all.
  • AmmeJayne2
    Options
    See for me i bloat if i have to much starchy foods, its a pain in the bum as there is a lot of foods that do have starch in it.. time of the month im okay, just have a sweet tooth so have to be careful. dont help when you have two little ones who like and can eat what ever they want and they are fine... just keep doing what your doing day to day. maybe when you are on your period do more exercise in the day or go for a nice long walk to help you so when you get on those scales you dont feel bad. also when you do a weigh in always go to the toilet before hand it can make you lose a few pounds x
  • Momto32010
    Momto32010 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't step n the scale until its over. If I'm really bloated and in pain I will take a Midol.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I stay away from dairy and fizzy drinks. Oh, and artificial sweeteners of any kind.

Sometimes I will also drink some detox or dandelion tea if it gets really bad.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I wait until the week is over and resume my life.
  • mpachee
    mpachee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can take a positive approach and use the "weight gain" as a motivator so you can work out harder. More results a week later! HAHA.
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I quite like it :-) Means I reliably get a loss when all the water stops being retained...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I keep going because I know it's going to go away. Maybe not as quickly as I'd like (takes about 10 days-2 weeks), but it does go.
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    ok, thanks all! staying off the scale this week for sure >.<
  • Honestgoth
    Options
    They're right about the scale. And avoid salty foods. Go for low sodium stuff for a week. It's good for you and it helps you to retain less water. Drink more water to flush your system out. Also did you know that exercise lessens your cramps? Where as alcohol and cigarettes tend to make them worse. :( (an interesting fact for those that partake)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I avoid the scale. But honestly, I'm just here to say I'm happy to you all know this exists.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    For some super strange reason I weigh less on those days...weird. that's the only thing that makes me happy on those days.
  • av0cad0
    av0cad0 Posts: 20
    Options
    I avoid the scale completely, drink tons of water (more then usual) & wear my yoga pants w/ a baggy shirt daily! lmao
  • randaswilson
    Options
    A good way to deal with a sweet tooth and avoid starches is to eat fruits like grapes, they are just as sweet and healthier
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I've just restarted my fitness plan after a bad end of last year. I've lowered my carbs and upped my protein but kept fat (mainly good ones) at 35%. I'm on my totm now and I didn't get any of the usual symptoms before or during so far. By which I mean headaches, bloating, irritability. And my weight has decreased slightly. I think it's the lower carbs that is helping - particularly bread and cereal - but it could be anything :ohwell:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    This is easy now, I have plenty of fat pants to wear!

I eat chocolate, go over my calories for a day or two, and don't go anywhere near the scale.

OH, I also act like a crotchety bish to everyone on my FL here, and post some sort of pity party status. My friends on here seriously recognize the symptoms before I do. :laugh: