Snacks low in Sugar but without artificial sweetners?

Options
Anybody have any snack ideas/recipes that are low in sugar count? But not using chemical sweetners.

Been at this a few weeks and have been consuming too many 100 calorie pack/packaged snack type products.
Added in veggies/carrots etc but that is only going to last so long before I'm sick of it.

Replies

• serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Mt. Olive Pickle Packs - high in sodium, but zero calories and full of dill pickly goodness LOL

Almonds - I keep several varieties in my desk, though some have artificial sweeteners

fruit - not exactly low in sugar, but not sugar you should worry about - I've been taking a granny smith apple and a clementine every day lately

Reduced fat ritz crackers with a lite laughing cow creamy swiss wedge (just had that as an afternoon snack!)

peanut butter on anything LOL

Hard boiled egg

baby carrots, cucumbers, pepper slices, any fresh raw veggie
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • mtabh
    mtabh Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If veggies are too blah for you, have some low cal hummus with them. Roasted, unsalted pistachios are a fave of mine.
  • AGaleRoo
    AGaleRoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit and a string cheese stick work for me. There is modest sugar in the fruit but it's buffered by the fiber content.

The Vasa light-n-crisp crackers are mostly air, so you can eat several with a happy crunch for ery few calories. Dip in salsa for some zing and flavor.

Cup-a-soup chicken noodle is low calorie and (for me) kind of comforting as a snack.
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Natural greek yogurt with a few berries/fruit added, natural peanut butter, almonds, chesse, lean meats, plain oatmeal and add cinnamon, just to name a few.
  • ShirleeDari
    Options
    Have you heard of Stevia. Its a natural sugar and very low in calories or has no calories. Dr Oz recommends it and so do a few nutritionists. Hope it helps.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Grapes, particularly frozen ones, string cheese, peanut butter, smoothies, protein shakes.