Carbs/Protein/Fat

Options
Hi,
Just wondering what people have their carb/protein/fat ratio set at. Did you leave it at the MFP default or adjust it? Why?
Just curious!

LBG

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    45 carbs, 30 protein, 25 fat.

The break down really depends on what activities you are engaging in.

MFP gives too low of protein.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I use the rules of thumb to eat 1g protein/lb LBM, 0.35g fat/lb total weight, and the rest carbs. Right now, that has me at 45%c / 25%f / 30%p
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I roll with 50c / 30p / 20f - a guideline for a lot of athletes.
  • bvw116
    bvw116 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am trying 40/40/20. so far I havent had any problems, but I havent lost any weight this week...
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just wondering what people have their carb/protein/fat ratio set at. Did you leave it at the MFP default or adjust it? Why?
    Just curious!

LBG

When I first started, I left them at their default levels (lost 20 pounds). I changed them this time around to 40c/30f/30p. Trying to increase my protein intake.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    Here's some good, sensible advice about setting your calorie and macronutrient targets:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    45c 35p 25f

Trying to be sure I have the right building blocks for muscles during strength workouts, even while on a calorie deficit.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    30c/30p/40f for me. But I am strange like that.

Edited to reflect order of OP.
  • FineasEnferb
    FineasEnferb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Here's some good, sensible advice about setting your calorie and macronutrient targets:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

I agree on reading that post. Take your time reading though and dont be surprised if you have to do it a few times. Once you comprehend it and apply it to your specific goals you will be glad you did.
  • ShirleeDari
    Options
    My understainding is it depends on your metobolic rate. The setting here is very neutral compared to your activity but i know that I would need more protein to keep me from being hungry and less carbs where I would not have a huge activity rate, even though I am quite active at night time because of my job. The more active you are the more carbs you would need but be careful. Proteins help you to be full. Me personally need 20c/20f/ 60p. I have cut out sugars, flour and pretty much anything white for a couple of weeks to kick start results, it seems to have work and thinking to keep it this way for a little while.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've followed the advice of the link posted and figured out my percentages that way. That has me at 55% carbs, 25% protein and 20% fat. It's a shift to my way of thinking but it makes protein (which I could have done at 20%) and fat a minimum instead of the absolute goal. I kind of like it that way. I am usually over on protein and fat and under on carbs doing it this way.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I selected the highest protein, and lowest carb after reading this article.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/553149-healthy-eating-101-improve-your-fat-loss-and-muscle-gain/#ixzz27iBOS8Q3
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I selected the highest protein, and lowest carb after reading this article.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/553149-healthy-eating-101-improve-your-fat-loss-and-muscle-gain/#ixzz27iBOS8Q3

Great article but it does say you do need carbs too, lots of fruits and veggies. I have been going with 1g of protein of lean body mass guessing what that was by other website of my fat % but I like the idea of going with your goal weight for each g of protein.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    45% Carbs, 25% Protein, 30% Fat.

Don't know my LBM so cannot really use that method of calculation.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    40/30/30
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    In 2008 I started with 30/60/10

A year later I switched it over to just doing calories... You can lose weight faster by following macros that fit your body but I find the fastest way for me to lose weight is higher protein but at the expense of me wanting to kill people.

But if I took an average right now I'm probably 60/20/20 now, which makes me a happy camper.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have tweaked mine a few times already. Currently, my macros are 45/20/35.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Currently 30 Protein, 30 Fat, 40 Carbs but having issues keeping carbs down. May change eventually.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Mines currently at 50% carb, 25% protein. 25% fat. I have no valid reason for this other than I want to increase my protein intake to about 100g a day and still have enough carbs to use as energy for when I run. Seemed good to me.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    What with leaving off T? LBG...psh