PLATEAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
So, I've hit a weight loss plateau and am super annoyed. I'm upping my calcium and making sure my sodium intake is low? Any other suggestions?! Thanks!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    change up your exercising routine for a week or so...it usually does the trick.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I hit a plateau a while ago and am at another now that I am closer to my goal. For me, I think it is upping the intensity of my exercise and if you do the same thing, switching it up. I also know I need to make sure I'm getting enough water. I am so frustrated as well!!!! I'm with you!
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    I hit a plateau a while ago and am at another now that I am closer to my goal. For me, I think it is upping the intensity of my exercise and if you do the same thing, switching it up. I also know I need to make sure I'm getting enough water. I am so frustrated as well!!!! I'm with you!

How far in were you when you hit your first plateau? I don't have toooo much to lose either and was curious
  • kurtybee
    kurtybee Posts: 17
    Options
    Mix up your work out routine. If you are running you should do intervals. If you are doing abs or lifting weights do another exercise that will give you the same result. Your body is used to your routine. You have to trick it.
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been at the same darn 13 lbs for weeks now . . . and from those, I'm up two, down two, up two, down two . . . I've slacked off here and there so I have only myself to blame, so I really need to get focused and motivated . . . You would think losing 13 lbs would make me motivated to do more?? Frustrated with myself. I have no suggestions (was looking to see what others post for suggestions, although, I know what I need to do . . . ), just wanted to share in the frustration . . .
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been at the same darn 13 lbs for weeks now . . . and from those, I'm up two, down two, up two, down two . . . I've slacked off here and there so I have only myself to blame, so I really need to get focused and motivated . . . You would think losing 13 lbs would make me motivated to do more?? Frustrated with myself. I have no suggestions (was looking to see what others post for suggestions, although, I know what I need to do . . . ), just wanted to share in the frustration . . .

I am SO glad I am nto the only one who is up 2, down 2, up 2, down, 2.
    It's driving me BONKERS!!

I'm not going crazy with my calories (even on weekends) but I do know I need to drink more water and keep up constant exercise (2 of my faults) :)
  • wettak
    wettak Posts: 16
    Options
    How far in were you when you hit your first plateau? I don't have toooo much to lose either and was curious
    [/quote]

I've lost about 12/13 pounds so far and just can't seem to get past it...I've been stuck for about 2/3 weeks...no good.
  • Mellie13
    Options

This was a few years ago, but I had lost 25lbs, hit a plateau. Mostly gave up, recently have started trying again (with MFP) and have lost 11 more lbs. I would like to lose at least 15 more.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    sometimes your body also gets used to the lower calorie intake and upping your calories a little help. I went on vacation in February, didn't count calories although tried to be healthy, and finally broke my plateau.
  • Mellie13
    Options
    sometimes your body also gets used to the lower calorie intake and upping your calories a little help. I went on vacation in February, didn't count calories although tried to be healthy, and finally broke my plateau.

Upping calories worked for a friend of mine. I'm trying to work out more and eat those calories, so eating more in that way.
  • allyson2212
    Options
    Anytime I hit a plateau, I have a cheat meal! I'm on one now and lucky me, I have a bbq to go to today! I don't go crazy or anything, just higher calorie foods in moderation!