Green tea

Options
2»

Replies

• Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like the lipton "Iced green tea" flavored with honey. so yummy!!
  • EmCee91
    EmCee91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I drank green tea today but added a few teaspoons of sugar to improve the taste. Did I undo any potential health benefits I could gain from drinking green tea?

There's a tea store up here in Canada called DAVIDsTEA, you should see if there's something similar near you, the amount of flavours they have in their tea is amazing, over 150 different flavours (Banana Cream Pie...yea!)
    You can also order online, which I do frequently as the drive for me is close to an hour.
    Also, I think most of the tea flavours are on MFP, so easy to log and at zero calories? Can't even try to complain.:D
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I echo the other comments - try adding stevia to it while you transition. Now I drink it straight and actually kind of enjoy it - definitely an acquired taste though!
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I drink Liptons Diet Green Tea. No calories so you don't have to worry about logging. Tastes much better than your typical green tea as long as you drink it cold.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i drink green tea with matcha, its much better and more traditional!
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Some green teas taste better than others. You might try a brand name one--the Chinese ones or ones with matcha are pretty "geen" tea tasting (although those are just about the only kinds I have now). You could also try a combined flavor, Tetley used to have a Green Tea and Lechy (spelling?) Pear tea that was really nicely flavored. Stay without sweetener of any kind, if you can.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I drank green tea today but added a few teaspoons of sugar to improve the taste. Did I undo any potential health benefits I could gain from drinking green tea?

The health benefits that have been studied are largely for standardised green tea extract which is MASSIVELY richer in the beneficial antioxidants there is just no comparison. If you need to add sugar or honey both of which are pro-inflammatory I would not bother.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Republic of tea has some good fruit and green tea flavors.
  • darrenremer
    Options
    As long as your count the calories, put whatver you want in there.
  • PeppermintJoy
    PeppermintJoy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink Stash Ice Mint Green Tea w/ sweet n' low. Is that bad? Trying to get more into the tea's but giving up coffee is harder than I thought. I really like the smell of coffee and it does wake me up. So is Mint Green Tea Ok or not as healthy?
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    Options

There's a tea store up here in Canada called DAVIDsTEA, you should see if there's something similar near you, the amount of flavours they have in their tea is amazing, over 150 different flavours (Banana Cream Pie...yea!)
    You can also order online, which I do frequently as the drive for me is close to an hour.
    Also, I think most of the tea flavours are on MFP, so easy to log and at zero calories? Can't even try to complain.:D

I just went to David's Tea website. The chocolate teas sound so good!! Great tip!
  • dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Green tea is an essential way for me to get through the day without snacking too much. I used to require sugar but decided to cut that out; it took a couple of weeks but then it was no problem. Often people talk about green tea like it Coke (there is only one standard formula); in reality, like coffee, apples and lots of natural products there is tremendous variation. My favorite is actually an authentic Chinese green tea called Lungching (Dragonwell) Green Tea; I buy the FooJoy brand. This particular tea has a delicate flavor with a sweet finish so a cup of this even tastes like it has a bit of sugar in it. Most of the time I leave the tea bag in and it doesn't develop a bitterness. I buy it in an Oriental grocery store; it's pretty cheap about 5 bucks for 100 tea bags. FooJoy is a big tea brand but you're probably only going to find it at a specialty grocer or on the Internet...
  • EmCee91
    EmCee91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I just went to David's Tea website. The chocolate teas sound so good!! Great tip!

Chocolate Chili Chai is really good!
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i drink the bigelow green tea with peach. its good! i dont add anything to it. i have at least one cup a day to fill me up in the afternoon. its supposed to be good for belly fat also. so i read some where