CHOCOLATE.

Options
Now I don't believe with completely cutting one thing out from your diet, but I need to stop eating so much chocolate! If i could literally eat one or two bars a week I would be happy.
But i can't see to go a day without eating say at least 200cals worth of chocolate? Anyone else have the same problem?! Anyone quit eating it and have tips on how they did it?

Thanks for any help :) no patronising and telling me how bad it is, I KNOW how bad it is!

Replies

• queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I am not such a huuuuge chocolate fan but I do like it a lot and get cravings for it every few days.

Cadbury's Highlights hot chocolate sachets are only 40 calories and they are SO sweet and chocolately. And last ages because they're hot. So you spend a good 20-30 mins drinking them. This is my fave option when I really feel like I need chocolate.

Otherwise...go for snack bars of chocolate. I had a Galaxy snack bar the other day for 133 calories (look in my food diary, think it was Tuesday night).

Btw chocolate isn't that bad for ya - as long as it fits into your calorie allowance, why not?? Everyone has a vice :) x
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice i completely forgot about hot chocolates! I'll have to stock up now :) I think it just hasn't helped with Christmas just gone and everything, so there's chocolate everywhere around the house haha x
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I found Green & Black's 85% cocoa dark chocolate. It's extremely rich, so six squares go a long way for me and fit very well into my diet. I've started eating them with a little peanut butter, too.

I don't crave any other chocolate when I eat that and I just don't keep anything else in the house.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Move to 75% dark chocolate. Lots of potassium, magnesium, anti-oxidants. I eat some every day.
  • ashleighcollins89
    Options
    I second the hot chocolate advice! X
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I try to eat a little chocolate each day. Some days I don't hit my goal. :ohwell:
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I was a major chocoholic and still am. On Christmas, Valentine's & Easter I can finish multiple boxes of chocolate in one day if given the opportunity! A few years ago I would go to Laura Secord every day after school & sometimes buy chocolate bars & chocolate drumstick ice cream at night. I cannot even buy a small bar of dark chocolate because I can't "only eat 3 squares," I will eventually eat the whole thing in 1 night >___>

What helps me:

1. Chocolate smoothie (315 cal)
    - Microwave 1 cup soymilk (70 cal)
    - 1 tbsp cocoa powder (20 cal)
    - 1 tbsp Nutella (100 cal)
    - 1/2 banana (55 cal)
    - Splenda (0 cal)
    - 10 almonds, grounded (70 cal)
    - vanilla extract (0 cal)
    - then add ice cubes & put in blender

(The reason you heat the milk is so that the cocoa powder dissolves into it. It'll stay in dry clumps if you don't. You can also take out the banana & almonds to lower the calories).

2. Nutella/Almond treat
    - In a tiny bowl, 1 tbsp of Nutella poured on top of 10 almonds, and then microwave for 20 seconds. Comes out nice & melty, and is only 170 calories.

3. A simple homemade hot chocolate (90 cal)
    - 1 cup heated soymilk (70 cal)
    - 1 tbsp cocoa powder (20 cal)
    - Splenda to taste (0 cal)

4. Nutella on whole wheat toast (180 cal)
    - 1 tbsp Nutella (100 cal)
    - whole wheat toast (90 cal)
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    These all sound great thanks :)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I eat two squares of 80% dark chocolate (lindt) a day...YUM!!!
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I generally feel the same way about chocolate and other types of sweet treats. I just exercise more so I can have what I want.

If you don't feel like that's the healthiest way to do it, then I suggest going cold turkey. Cut it out for a while, then slowly re-introduce it. Hopefully you will be able to keep it moderated.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am a chocolate addict. im better off not eating it. if i have some i wont be able to stop. i better off fighting the craving
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Now I don't believe with completely cutting one thing out from your diet, but I need to stop eating so much chocolate! If i could literally eat one or two bars a week I would be happy.
    But i can't see to go a day without eating say at least 200cals worth of chocolate? Anyone else have the same problem?! Anyone quit eating it and have tips on how they did it?

Thanks for any help :) no patronising and telling me how bad it is, I KNOW how bad it is!

I eat like half a bar of chocolate in the middle of each of my workouts :P
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I eat 200 cals of choc a day too. Half after lunch and the other half after tea. I cut it out while I was on 1200 cals per day but now I am on 1450 cals it is firmly back and I have no intention of cutting it out!