Weigh In: 04/19/2010
    Starting Weight (PSB Starting Weight) - 305
    Week 1 - Missed
    Week 2 - GOAL: 305 ACTUAL: 301
    Week 3 - GOAL: 299 ACTUAL: 300
    # lbs LOST: 5
    # lbs TO GO: 100 lbs to go
    Week 4 - GOAL: 298

This weekend was the worst! My husband was out of town and I didn't do so hot. Made cupcakes and cookies. Why did I do that? :grumble: :grumble: However, I managed to lose a pound. :smile: I thought I would have gained :tongue: But in the past I would have stopped and somehow I got up this morning and went to the gym! I am so proud of myself!! :heart: :heart:

I hope everyone has a fabulous week! And we meet all of our goals and if you don't there is always next week:flowerforyou: As long as we never quit we will lose the weight!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • momieof2
    momieof2 Posts: 98
    Options
    I am excited for this week’s challenge. I always snack after 7:00 PM. Will be a good challenge for me :smile:
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I am SO happy that everyone loves this challenge. I thought it would be a good once since I a lot of the times have a really hard time with night time eating.

I really hate weekends! Why does weekends = eating out? We ate out fri,sat and sunday nights. grrr!

PSB Starting Weight: 203.2

W1 Goal: 201.2 Actual- 202.6 Lost 0.6
    W2 Goal: 200.6 Actual- Didnt weight myself so taking todays higher weight 205
    W3 Goal 203 Actual - 201.8
    W4 Goal: 199.8

#LBS Lost: 1.4
    #LBS To Go: 71.8
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    This challenge is going to be kind of hard for me since I tend to have dinner after I work out so its usually around 8:30pm and I go to bed around 10 so I can get around 7 hours of sleep.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I normally eat dinner around 8. That 's when I get in from the gym and can't really do anything to change this. Looking forward to weighing in tonight.
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    Good challenge. I really struggle with late night eating sometimes! Had a very good weekend. I am really quite proud of myself for how smart I ate, especially when we ate out. Tomorrow is weigh in day...let's hope I see some results! This morning at the gym, I actually ran for a bit. It's been a while since that last happened. I'm trying to push my self in different ways.
  • momieof2
    Options
    Okay, this is a stupid question, but why do we have to eat our work out calories? I understand that our body will starve. But I thought the whole point in losing weight was to burn more than we eat??? :embarassed:
  • michfitzhome
    michfitzhome Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I ate all my workout calories and lost, but now I am not losing. My goal is not to eat all of them just a little and only if I have to.

I need to go back and find my other posts for my starting weights and stuff, I can't remember what i did 5 minutes ago, let alone weeks.

I have the don't eat 2-3 hours b/f bed down. I need the do not eat my kids left overs! back to my problem I had a few months back.

Off to do dishes b/4 I get 1 from school.
  • mdeguzman
    mdeguzman Posts: 35
    Options
    Challenge:
    No eating 2-3 hours before going to bed. (challenge sent in by sweettart)

Weigh in:
    Starting weight: 238
    Week 1: goal- 237 Actual- 236.5
    Week 2: goal- 235 Actual-237
    Week 3: goal- 235 Actual- 237
    # lbs lost: (total lbs lost with PSB)
    # lbs to go: 107
    Week 4: goal- 235 I will get there eventually
    Wow sorry I missed you guys last week. It was spring break for my kids so I was no in front of a computer and was so tired after chasing them around. Didn't lose but didn't gain either. BACK to the gym for me.:) Good going ev1
  • leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    "If we weren't meant to eat late night snacks then why is there a light in the fridge?"
  • pelelovesme1011
    Options
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if I might be able to join your group? I know you're already a month in but the title of this group caught my eye and gave me a chuckle! I've been trying to diet alone for a while now and it's just not working! I'd really like the support of a group :)

Start weight: 210 (this is a guess as our scale has broken!)
    Goal for next time: 208
    Ultimate goal: 140
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is a stupid question, but why do we have to eat our work out calories? I understand that our body will starve. But I thought the whole point in losing weight was to burn more than we eat??? :embarassed:

Check out some of the newbie threads for a more details. In a nutshell when you use MFP to set your goals it already calculates the caloric deficit to meet your goals each week. It does not take exercise into consideration. To lose 2 lbs a week you need to be at a 1000 calorie deficit per day. Ideally you would burn half through exercise and cut half out of your diet. If your goals already set up a 2lb a week loss plus you burn another 500 in exercise and don't eat them back your total calorie deficit for the day is 1500. This is probably more than your body will be willing to tolerate for an extended period of time. This could scare your body into thinking that there is a shortage of food and it needs to start storeing all calories as fat so that you can live off your blubber until food is plentiful again. Wow. What an attractive way to explain stavation mode...
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I was wondering if I might be able to join your group? I know you're already a month in but the title of this group caught my eye and gave me a chuckle! I've been trying to diet alone for a while now and it's just not working! I'd really like the support of a group :)

Start weight: 210 (this is a guess as our scale has broken!)
    Goal for next time: 208
    Ultimate goal: 140

Welcome pele!
  • pelelovesme1011
    Options

Welcome pele!

Thanks!
    As far as the challenge goes for this week, I think it's a good one! Eating at night is my biggest weakness. I've pretty much cured it by moving my walking to after dinner. Now I just don't feel like eating! Woo!
  • Jparadise72
    Options
    Hey Pele welcome :flowerforyou:

So far so good on not eating before bed... Its only Monday so well see how rest of week goes!!
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    Welcome Pele!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    welcome Pele.
    Well when we say 2 hours before bed does that count the half hour or so when I am in bed and reading? I last ate at 8:30 (needed a small something after the gym) and went to bed at 10 but didn't actually go to sleep until 10:45. :)
  • momieof2
    Options
    :heart: No Eating 2-3 Hours before Bed :heart:

Monday - Ya! 1st day down :happy:
    Tuesday -
    Wednesday -
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
    Sunday -
  • Sweettart