Wii fit vs. Wii Active

Options
For those who have tried BOTH, I was wondering which you prefer. I have the wii fit and before going out and purchasing the wii active I wanted to know if you really think it is worth the money?

Replies

• KariM
    KariM Posts: 53
    Options
    I have both and like both. They both have their plus and minuses ... I use both within the week, and even in the same day on the weekends. Right now I am using the wii active more because I just got it for Christmas and I use the wii fit as a scale most days, but it is nice to have both
  • aarnold
    aarnold Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the wii active and I like it alot. I bought it in October and used it often in the beginning, but honestly havent did much with it since then... Its not the game its me.. Fell off a bit but I am getting it back together... Anyways I think it is worth it, way better workout than just the wii fit. I still love playing around on my wii fit when I am trying to kickstart myself back into gear I use that.. :)
  • AF_wifevaughn
    Options
    i like wii active just because its more pushing yourself i think wii fit is for more for kids to lose the weight if they are big its more fun and doesent seem like there exercising iw as a lil big when i was younger and i wish i have wii fit hehe. Im still using wii active everyday now but when i first got it i really didient use it buti havea reason now.
  • mtweety33
    Options
    I've tried both and the Wii Active is much better if you want to get a good workout. The wii fit is more just playing around with a few movements but not enough in my opinion to really do much for you in terms of exercise. The Active is much better at making you sweat and is fun as well. I also recommend the game My Fitness Coach for the Wii. It also gives you a great workout. Hope this helps. Good luck :)
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Options
    I agree with AF_wifevaughn... the EA Active is more of a serious workout and the WII Fit is more of a game. I have a hard time with either of them because of arthritis in my feet, however, I have used them together. They compliment each other.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just bought Active myself and think it is a much better workout than Wii Fit. Wii Fit is more of a game and I found myself "cheating" in order to be accurate and score points. Wii Active is about the workout and burning calories, not scoring points. My only complaint with it is that is doesn't accurately catch my running...it switches from "perfect" to "too slow" and I haven't changed anything in what I'm doing.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I have both plus the wii fit plus. If you want a workout get the active or active more workouts, if you want to play games and periodically raise your heart rate get teh wii fit.

But the active more sports does use the wii board, but I don't think you have to have it.

I love the Active More Workouts...it is fun to see your person doing the workouts.
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well i have both but i have yet to get out the Wii active...but i love the Wii fit, but i cant do that everyday i get too bored too easily.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have the wii fit, more games so got the biggest loser, now thats a work out and fun to.
  • kvang9
    kvang9 Posts: 9
    Options
    You should check out Wii Biggest Loser!!! Now that is a workout. You'll sweat, use energy, and feel like you are getting a real workout when doing the routines in difficult. I love it!
  • BarbRigg
    BarbRigg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I did my first Wii Active workout today and loved it! How are you all recording you calories burned on MFP?