Hey RUNNERS! Races/events you're aiming for this spring?

Options
So far I've just got a 5k in March and another 5k in April. I did a bunch of 5k races in 2012 so I really want to move on to something farther. Looking for a good 10k or a 5 or 10 miler. Not quite sold on the half marathon idea for myself yet. :-)

What are you guys up to?

Replies

• ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I did one 5K last weekend (Run to Kick Cancer) and have 3 more runs already signed up for: Frozen Shamrock 3-Miler 2/24/2013, Claddagh Pub 4-MIler 3/3/2013, Hynes Tavern 5-Miler 3/10/2013, I won't be doing anything in April cause I'm doing the Tough Mudder on 5/12/2013. I'm hopefully doing a 10K and a half marathon before the end of the year-I'm thinking of doing one of the Disney half marathons in November but we'll see, I priced the one they do next month out and it was WAY more than I want to spend lol
  • schicksa
    schicksa Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My first half-marathon in March. 3 weeks into the training program!
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    1/2 marathon april

Rugged Maniac in May
  • weldergirl15
    weldergirl15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Doing the St. Patty's day 5k March 10! Can't wait it'll be my first race! Don't really care about placing just want to finish!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Doing my first race ever in a month, a 10k.. I've never even done a 10k run before, most I've done is 8, but I'm gonna do some running leading up t it, wing it on the day and see what happens haha, its all a bit of fun, cant wait!
  • goalie35
    goalie35 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So far doing my first 1/2 marathon in May.
    Probably will do an 8K in April.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Rugged Maniac in April, 1/2 marathon in May
  • jooonesy
    jooonesy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 marathon on March 17th, Warrior Dash on July 27th, Super Spartan on September 8th and a local 5K in October (doing it with my Mom). :smile:
  • nejaustin
    nejaustin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Way to go all you first timers it is addicting! Each new distance is a new thrill. I was a newbie to running about 3 years ago.

My next one is a 50k on March 9th - can't wait!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Laugh And A Half Marathon in June! #3 for me!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    hey! my goal for 2013 is to do one organized race a month.

jan 1: commitment day 5K: done!
    feb 9: cupid's undie run:
    mar: TBD
    april: TBD
    may 18 (30th b-day): semper fi 5k
    june: TBD
    july 20: lozilu women's mud run
    rest of year: TBD
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This is the plan (can not register yet as the races for 2013 are not opened for registration).

5km in April to kick off the running season
    Half in May
    8km in July
    10 miler in July
    Half in Sept

And other races mixed in there
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    Have much of my year scheduled out but still waiting on some dates. Here's what I have through May:

4/13 or 4/21-Half marathon. Either the Eisenhower in Abilene, KS or the Hy-Vee in Fort Dodge, IA.
    Late April-Local yearly 5K fundraiser.
    5/11-75 mile/7 person team run from Jefferson, IA to Des Moines, IA. Still an iffy since we don't have 7 runners year.

Also have a half and 10K in June.

That's it until fall. Around here it's either too hot or cold, especially for longer distances so my race seasons are only about 5 or 6 months (spring/fall) around here though I train year round. Do have a nifty little indoor mini-Tri the beginning of February.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for a winter half marathon in February, planning on a marathon in May and signed up for a leg of a relay two weeks later.
    I am the race director for a local 5k in June. My favorite triathlon is also in June and planning an 8 miler in August that runs through a local historic site, one of my favorite local races (the first time I ran it i thought it was 5miles/8km. Didnt find out until after the race started it was really 8 miles. Lol)
    Our local marathon is in October, I sit on the committee but always run it. Usually I do 5k with my work (they pay our entry) but may bump up to a longer distance, we'll see.

These are my "must do" races. Our local runnig club has a lot of 5 and 10ks all year that I'll do if I'm off and there are two more triathlons I am aiming to get to.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    so far i'm committed to 10k at the beginning of april, a 5k mud run the week after the 10k and a half in june. must do races are: october's 10k breast cancer race, 8k toys for tots race, 5k turkey trot, 5k sleighbell race. MAY do tough mudder. not sure - still trying to get up the nerve to say yes i WILL do it. LOL
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Popped my race cherry last March-planning to run that one again, then smatterings through the spring/summer (depending on weather), then hoping for my first half in October (we'll see).
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on a 10K in April and if all goes well a 1/2 in June! Still a newbie to races so love to meet fellow runners. Feel free to add:smile:
  • slimjourney
    Options
    Training for a 5k in March called the "Hot Chocolate", pending my sucess I might try the Rock N Roll half marathon in June. Pray for me ya'll.
  • FatUncleRob
    Options
    Probably the 15K Shamrock Run on St. Patrick's day.
    Did it last year - was a lot of fun. :smile: :drinker:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it easy for the first half of the year:

Redondo Beach Superbowl 10K in early February
    Knotts Coaster Run 10K in early March
    Orange County Half in early May
    Long Beach Half or Full in October
    Long Beach Turkey Trot 10K in November

Haven't decided on anything else yet, but would like to throw at least one more half in there.