Anybody try calorie shifting?

Options
I've headed a little bit about if. Anyone have success doing it? How'd it work for you?

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    What specifically do you mean?
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    What specifically do you mean?

Yeah this. I clicked on it to see what it meant LOL.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Possibly do you mean zig zagging calories?
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Ummm, you mean like banking calories on set days and using them on others? Can't be sure how well that would work. If your exercizing and you aren't sure how many calories your actually going to burn and need to eat back in a week that can be really difficult to determine what to eat on a high day and a low day.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Found this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4452835_shifting-plan-lose-weight-real.html

Too much math for me. I'm just a girl. :flowerforyou:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    intermitant fasting, maybe?
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Varying your target....eating more when you work out/ lift and less when you're more sedentary? It seems like a good idea, but I think I prefer just to stick to the same target on MFP. I tend to eat a bit more when I'm lifting anyway because of my post-workout snack.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I've headed a little bit about if. Anyone have success doing it? How'd it work for you?
    It's no different than having a set of consistent macros. Creating a deficit is what matters.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I frequently shift calories from my mouth to my *kitten*.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Varying your target....eating more when you work out/ life and less when you're more sedentary? It seems like a good idea, but I think I prefer just to stick to the same target on MFP. I tend to eat a bit more when I'm lifting anyway because of my post-workout snack.
    The whole rest day/training day is bunk in my opinion. Your body doesn't work on a 24 hour cycle.
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

:noway:
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

That hurt me to the core of my existence. :noway:
  • LaDolceVita72
    Options
    I've done the Fat Loss For Idiots Diet, which is calorie shifting, and it definitely worked for me! The only problem is, some of the foods you are eating are not very healthy-bacon, sausage,etc. This wouldn't be good for someone with high cholesterol. And you MUST be very disciplined because the diet consists of 4 small meals and you CANNOT over eat, you must stop before you even get full, or the diet won't work. Good Luck!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options

Lawl. I guess we all follow this system then.

...I hope.
  • Emma_Problema
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    No ™
  • vernessie
    Options
    Yes I do it, and it works, check out this website for more information http://ifitandhealthy.com/calorie-shifting-diet/.
  • ssl444
    ssl444 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    this is where you have for example your 1200 cals or higher if exercising, then the next day you only have 700 cals, ie Monday 1200, Tuesday 700, Wednesday 1200, Thursday 700 etc, so your overall calorie intake for the week is greatly reduced so you lose more weight, and even though you are having 700 cals which is a big deficit your matebolism doesn't slow down because it thinks your starving yourself, as you up your calories the next day so your effectively tricking your body.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

That hurt me to the core of my existence. :noway:

Sarcasm people. I have a comp. sci background and was a huge math geek in school.
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    I do that from time to time when I eat bad on a weekday... actually zagging today because I zigged yesterday about 4k calories...bad Lenny!!!!