Anybody try calorie shifting?

Options
2»

Replies

• Luv3ly24
    Options
    Sorry to all, that's the name I've heard it called but its eating high or regular cals one day amd lower calls the next.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I frequently shift calories from my mouth to my *kitten*.

Nice to meet you, my name is Calories. :wink:
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Too much math for me. I'm just a girl. :flowerforyou:

That hurt me to the core of my existence. :noway:

Sarcasm people. I have a comp. sci background and was a huge math geek in school.

you shouldn't joke about a thing like that :laugh:
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Sarcasm people. I have a comp. sci background and was a huge math geek in school.

There is no way for people to know that and you need to work on your sarcasm skills. People actually say things like that. Sorry, but I think you should know better. :grumble:
  • Luv3ly24
    Options
    Thanx vernessie u gave me exactly what I was looking for
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

There is no way for people to know that and you need to work on your sarcasm skills. People actually say things like that. Sorry, but I think you should know better. :grumble:

Noted. I'll make sure to install the sarcasm font for next time.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Noted. I'll make sure to install the sarcasm font for next time.

That's more like it!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I frequently shift calories from my mouth to my *kitten*.

Lawl. I guess we all follow this system then.

...I hope.

BAHAHAHAHAHA! LOVE!
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I used the diet in a book called "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" once and it worked pretty well. It's an intermittent fasting/high protein low carb thing where you eat around 7-8 hundred cals a day and then have "cheat" meals where you eat whatever you want. It worked, but it didn't really seem like anything that would be easy or fun to follow long term. I did it for about 3 months and then literally could not stand to think of following it any more.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I do JUDDD, or the Alternate Day Diet. I eat very low calories one day and "regular" calories the next. I've lost over 100 pounds doing this, so I'd say it works! :heart:
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I do do it (although am not currently) it actually helped me break a 7 month plateau....i know a lot dont believe in it but i am completely convinced of it. I basically would eat my high calorie days on my big exercise days...eat lower on my rest days...definitely helped me lose my weight :)
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Heh, I could eat 20,000 calories in 3 cheat days if I felt like it. (And having spent 10 days depriving myself half the time, I would feel like it.) That would offset 10 days of no calories.

But if it works for you, more power to you. I don't see it as likely to work permanently though.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Heh, I could eat 20,000 calories in 3 cheat days if I felt like it. (And having spent 10 days depriving myself half the time, I would feel like it.) That would offset 10 days of no calories.

But if it works for you, more power to you. I don't see it as likely to work permanently though.

No one said anything about "cheat days" It's a controlled system, you eat a certain amount of calories on your higher day, and a certain amount on a lower day.
    I was responding to this, which was linked earlier in the thread: http://www.ehow.com/how_4452835_shifting-plan-lose-weight-real.html
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    There's an article on this type of eating regime in Women's World Magazine this month. The plan they describe looks very simple. I'm doing fine just counting my calories (although I do focus more on weekly calories rather than daily). At any rate, I would try this plan if/when I hit a plateau. It's really not dissimilar to a plan that Weight Watchers had years ago.