dumb question

Options
When the calorie count says that you should have 1200 calories per day, are you supposed to count your exercise deficit to reach that goal?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    According to MFP you should eat the 1200 and any extra calories earned through exercise. so if you burn 200 extra calories through exercise MFP suggests you eat 1400 for the day.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Sorry duplicate post
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    WOW! This is so funny. I was just getting ready to post the same question. Must not be to stupid then if 2 of us we wondering it. Thanks for the answers everyone!!
  • Jamie_Moy
    Jamie_Moy Posts: 40
    Options
    MFP actually has ,I believe, 4 permanent topic threads, the very first 4 under general diet and nutrition and they recommend all first time users to read this. It explains everything about the deficits, among other topics, you should definitely check it out...

And yes, they do recommend you eat all or at least half of your exercise calories back, that's why they add more to your diary after you have added your exercise.

hope this helps...
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    I have a really hard time eating my exercise deficit... :-\
  • lloyd_l
    lloyd_l Posts: 5
    Options
    To tell the truth the one person put it correct. If you have 1200 cal. then your work out gives you 200 more you have a total of 1400 cals. for that day you don't have to eat that many calories but try to at least stay near you 1200. You want to burn more than you take in.