New and really excited! Need a little advice though.....

Options
So I am a 23 year old female, working and in beauty school. My schedule is Work 8-5pm and then school from 5:30-10:30pm Monday-Friday. Well, it's a crazy scramble at lunch time running home and preparing lunch AND dinner for school later on so needless to say, finding time to work out is very difficult during the week. Are weekend work outs enough? I usually get 5-6 hours of sleep a night, should I get up a half hour earlier or try to get as much rest as possible. It seems going to the gym exhausted can be counterporductive. And how do you all stay motivated and not give in when all the rest of your friends are sitting around eating cheesburgers??! Any suggestions are really appreciated :)

Replies

• MarJay12
    Options
    Wow! Your plate is full. I would try and squeeze in 10 minutes here and there thru the day.
  • amanda7630
    Options
    Thanks! I think I'm going to invest in a peddle pusher to put under my desk during work. Buring calories while answering phones would be very ideal ;)
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, you can lose weight without exercising. At this point, with so much on your plate, trying to get to the gym is only going to be an added stress. Spend that time ensuring that you have food prepped and accessible.

In terms of self-control - don't allow yourself to get too hungry and make sure you have LOTS of healthy, enjoyable options on-hand (veggies, fruit, cheese, nuts, fiber bars, etc.). You can do this!
  • annicins
    Options
    Sleep is super important when losing weight as well.
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You need your sleep. In fact, I have read in several places that people who don't get enough sleep lose slower than those who don't. If I were in your position, I would do lots of little things that add up, like, parking farther away (during the day, not at night) so you have to walk farther to get to buildings, maybe take a 10 minute break in the morning and in the afternoon and walk a bit...little things like that. The peddle pusher under your desk sounds like a great idea, as well. Good luck!!
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! With a full schedule like that, maybe try to take a walk after lunch? That's what I do when I'm having a busy day & don't have time for a regular workout. If I walk 20 min @ 3mph, I can burn like 75 calories. 20 min @ 3.5mph, at least 100! And I think the pedal pusher is a great idea, I think I'm gonna get one for my desk too. :)