Just Dance?

Options
Hey guys...I have Just Dance 2 for the Wii. I was wondering what you all log this in as..I'm doing this as an alternate for 30 ds because I'm having back pains. How many calories would you say you burned from doing about 5 moderate to high level songs? I just want to know what to record. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I did 40 minutes today using a HRM it said 205 calories. I have no clue if that's good or not,it was my first time doing the wii.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Online it says a female weighing 130 pounds burned 190 calories in a 1/2 hour playing Just Dance on the wii... The best way to get accurate calories burned would be to wear a HRM since everyones body is different. Good luck and have fun dancing!!

Heres some interesting info on it:

http://www.fitnessblender.com/v/article-detail/How-Many-Calories-does-the-Wii-Just-Dance-Game-Burn/4h/
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance. I have JD4 and I always do it for about 45 minutes to an hour and burn around 400 calories. I have a heart rate monitor so I use that. If you don't have one, I would just use "dancing" in the exercise list and go by how long you did it. It depends on how much you weigh to guess cals burned. I weigh 147 so going based on me I would say in 20 minutes (about 4 songs) maybe 150-200 calories at most. If you can, get a heart rate monitor though. I LOVE mine (it's a Polar ft4...they are about $60 on amazon). Good luck!!
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I wear an HRM and am a very energetic dancer. In my case I typically burn aabout 300 calories playing for half an hour. Without an HRM it is very hard to estimate since it depends upon your weight, age and fitness level. I keep my heart rate between 120 and 150 for my workouts, so there's no dogging it.
  • stoutsfitgal
    stoutsfitgal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I always log it as "Dancing, aerobic, ballet or modern, twist". Same with the Zumba wii and kinect 'games'. They give a pretty awesome calorie burn. I think most of those games have a fitness part where it will tell you how many calories you burn. If not, HRM is your best bet to know how many calories. I change the calorie number when I log it since the normal "dancing" calculator on here isn't accurate for the dancing games. I believe with Just Dance you can typically burn around 200-300 in 30-45minutes or so give or take. With Zumba on kinect it has told me 400-450 calories for 23 minutes (short class with 5 high intensity songs). Hope this helped. :-)
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It did! Thank you guys!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have been doing "Just Dance 4" for 45 and according to the program it is 195 calories. That seems kind of low. I am 61 years of age and I dont have an HRM. Do you think it is more? I am not used to these video games/ I am now on Level 4, whatever that means.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii as well and use my HRM to log my calories, I have Just Dance but have not played it yet, i do play the Wii Tennis, Gold and Boxing and get great results :)
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    It did! Thank you guys!

If you look in the Exercise Data bade you will see some things for the Wii that are listed
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    I love Just Dance! I have pretty much all the games, though the original version doesn't come with the sweat mode. Summer party is my least favorite, though...just don't care that much for the music. I'm impressed with how good a workout it is.