30 day shred

Options
jan 15 - feb 15

Replies

• mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    hey new friend, I start day 1 level 1 today. OMG- its tough but I know it can be done.
  • emartin87
    Options
    Today, I started 30 day shred!! HOLY HANNAH!!!!!!! but we can do this!!
  • MissTD
    MissTD Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi... Im on my 2nd week Day 6. I'll be taking breaks on the weekends. Its a good burn. I enjoy it!! I love the way my legs feel. lol I feel stronger already! =) Enjoy... Go hard or Go home!
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I am starting today too!
  • emartin87
    Options
    good luck starkiss100!!! dont give up!! :)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    i just started it to! actually, i'm confused if we are supposed to do the video every day.....it seems like it is tough on your joints with all th high impact type stuff.... doesn't the body need rest?
  • Meergan
    Meergan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tommorow aaaaahhh, I'm nervous now!
  • jerseybeeber
    Options
    I did it twice last summer and it really works. I tried to do shred in the morning and another 30 min of walking or running at night!
  • emartin87
    Options
    I'm currently on L1D3 of 30DS now. I have lost a 1/2 of a pound in those three days (yes that counts for me even its not a full pound) I already can feel a difference in my lung capacity and i'm starting to feel more energetic :)
  • Meergan
    Meergan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on L1D3 too! Haven't done the workout yet today but I just weighed myself and have lost a lb! It's probably only water weight but I'm still pleased!

Is anyone else's thighs in so much pain, stairs and sitting down are a nightmare right now!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    so i have been alternating 30 day shred level 1 with a few other Jillian videos & some light weight lifting videos (they are compound weights at high reps...makes me huff n puff a lot.)

I hope this works because i don't want to give up doing the other videos & just do one routine every day....i hope i still get results!
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm starting today - my DVD arrived in the post this morning. Just out of curiosity, how will I record the 30 Day Shred in my exercise diary? x
  • holmeje
    holmeje Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am day 4 and it hurts, but is worth it. Good luck and keep at it.
  • emchip1983
    Options
    hi im on day 2 its tough but i feel great
  • lblackerby
    Options
    Add an 'Exercise' and label it something like, "30 Day Shred (Level) 1". Enter a number from 125-150 for the calories burned (This # depends on your stats as to which would be the most accuraate. There are on-line calculators that could help you determine that - whether it is closer to 125 or on the upper-side of 150 calories).

After you have 'saved' this exericise on MyFitnessPal simply click and add the exercise each day you complete it along with logging your food/water intake for the day.

Hope this helps ;-)

I am just a beginner, as well. However, I should begin Level 2 tomorrow. BTW, I know everyone is different...I just want to mention that it wasn't until exercise day 5...maybe 6...that I was able to get through the 20-ish minutes without being completely worn out. So, there's hope - and I am one of the most reluctant exercisers out there...Just press through.

Best of luck!

--Lisa
  • KentClark
    KentClark Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finished Level 1 Day 10 today. I log it as Circuit Training. I remember how sore I was the first few days, and then how energized I started feeling after that. I just watched the level 2 video....very intimidated and a bit nervous. LOL. Level 2 makes level 1 look simple and easy. But I won't be scared out of doing it, I want the results, I'm gonna do what I gotta do to get them. Good Luck everybody!
  • alejandrajoy193
    Options
    I'm starting today as well, good luck to everyone :)
  • Triinu31
    Triinu31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was also wondering doing same exercise every day - what happened to let muscles heal? So I combined with Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer which worked out well for me.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I started the 30DS yesterday. My body is not as sore as I thought it would be.
  • Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 day 4.
    My thighs are better today but my arms are in so much pain (biceps) right around my elbows.
    I keep stretching but boy auch.
    Anyway, love it and I am also adding few times a week some rowing and elliptical.
    Good luck!