New start to new life

Options
Well, I looked at myself today and realized that it is time to do something, anything. I am tired all the time and I haven't been able to enjoy my kids like I did before. I have alot to lose but that I would start small at 130lbs to lose (LOL). any tips or trick would be appreciated. Right now, I am 310 lbs and only 5' 4. I am killing myself early and I finally have the guts to say it. Now is my time to get healthy.

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Awesome first step!! :) You can do this! This site is amazing it's a great tool to have! <3
  • lloyd_l
    lloyd_l Posts: 5
    Options
    Standing Ovation. I know the feeling I to am over weight and can't enjoy playing woth my son. I give you credit, and good luck on your path to happinessthere is no tricks but to follow your calorie in take very careful and excersis. No I don't mean get a gym membership and go sweating to the oldies. LOL. easiest and cheapest way is to take a walk start off small and work up.

750810.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I think kids are the best motivation of all -- having a goal that is greater than ourselves is a wonderful way to stay motivated when we start to slip.
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and welcome, you will find a lot of support here on the site and answers to most of your questions.

You took the first step by making the decision to get healthy. If you want to you can add me as a friend.
  • michelleleigh1067
    Options
    What ever you do-dont give up. It's not easy to step up and say what you just did but it isnt to lose it either. You have to keep the mindset that this is not what you want to do, this is what you are GOING TO DO! You are going to need a lot of support! I have a BFF that I talk to daily and we compare foods and ideas and it helps me so much. You will learn things in here from different people and it will help you in you goal. Me? I made short term goals instead of long term. I started working out (which I know isnt easy)and watching what I eat. I have lost only 4 lbs in the last 3 weeks but I have lost 13½ inches overall and feel better than I have in years. This is by far the best "diet" I have ever been on. It makes it so easy to count and see what I can and cant have. I have 1 day a week that I eat what I want (within limits of course) and those are the days I will have mexican food or go out to Red Lobster and eat the "good stuff". And whatever you do - NEVER let yourself get discouraged!
  • acakeforawife
    Options
    You made a great first step already! :smile: This is not always easy but it's absolutely worth doing. I sometimes wish I could go back in time and give my old self a glimpse -- just a five minute taste -- of what life feels like now compared to then. I would have done this so much sooner if I'd known just how truly great it would be. Good luck, you are in for an amazing and life-changing ride!! :flowerforyou:
  • baric
    baric Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome