Weight Loss Tips (pics)

Options
my goal is to lose 80 pounds before 2014. any tips and things that helped you to lose weight u wouldn't mind sharing.... Thanks <3

Replies

• heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Journal and measure everything that goes in your mouth, Or take a pic of it and send it to an accountability partner. You'd think twice about eating fried foods then.
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Personally-I say always remember to take baby steps. Some people stop sugar, carbs, salt, everything cold turkey- and then they quit a few weeks in. I'm not a weight-loss genius, but I've lost 21 pounds since july and kept it off. So, here's what I do-

1) Everything in moderation. You can have your favorites, but only once in awhile.
    2) Don't ever forget to drink water. This is essential to weight loss.
    3) Be active. It doesn't matter what you do. Every little bit counts. Get off the couch and do something. That will be enough.
    4) DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! I know a lot of people who try to have the bare minimum of calories and wonder why they fall off the wagon. This is not good for your health! I go by TDEE vs. BMR. There's lots of forums that could explain this MUCH better than I ever could.
    5) Remember this is going to take time. You're going to plateau. You're going to get frustrated. You will even gain weight at times. But this is a process. You're trying to get healthy. And if you constantly obsess about the numbers, you won't be happy, no matter how much you lose.
    6) Please have fun. This is a journey. You might as well enjoy it :D
  • ChaunBlessa
    ChaunBlessa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks All
  • james_parker
    Options
    I would say you just start swimming. Swimming keeps you fit. Swimming helps lose weight, burn calories and puts little stress on your body. Swimming works all the major muscles, and will tone you up and slim you down!

Swimming is known to be one of the best all round aerobic exercises because it works all the major muscle groups so targets every area of your body. Regular swimming when losing weight will improve your health and may reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke.
  • sourabhA406
    Options
    1. Eat Plenty of Protein
    2. Eat Complex Carbs
    3. Eat Fats ( Healthy Fats)
    4. Drink Lots of Water ( Keeps you hydrated and ups your metabolism)
    5. Do Pushups, Squats, lunges and other basic exercises daily
    6. Walk Daily
    7. Eat Fruits ( Stop Juices)
    8. Eat Veggies with every meal possible
    9. Practice Slow eating and chewing ( It takes time for the brain to process whether you are full or not)
    10. Consume Fiber ( Keeps Blood sugar levels steady and will keep you lean)
    11. Don't eat too much
    12. Lastly, RELAX about the whole process.

Cheers!
  • sourabhA406
    Options
    Oh Yes.. If you can get into strength training, it will aid immensely as increase muscle and better toning helps burn more calories and for longer period of time.
  • sourabhA406
    Options
    WATER... If you drink say 2 glasses of water before every meal, you'll eat less and also complete atleast 50-60% of your water requirement for the day. 2 for 1
  • avonfitness
    Options
    if you will do swimming ,rope jumping ,cycling and kick boxing then i t can very easy for you to lose your weight.
    Jumping rope is a great way to burn calories and reduce belly fat.
    kick boxing includes the upper parts of the body as well as the lower parts of the body.cycling helps to reduce the legs fat.it also build your legs muscles.

hope these tips will help you a lot..
    good luck.....
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Personally-I say always remember to take baby steps. Some people stop sugar, carbs, salt, everything cold turkey- and then they quit a few weeks in. I'm not a weight-loss genius, but I've lost 21 pounds since july and kept it off. So, here's what I do-

1) Everything in moderation. You can have your favorites, but only once in awhile.
    3) Be active. It doesn't matter what you do. Every little bit counts. Get off the couch and do something. That will be enough.
    4) DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! I know a lot of people who try to have the bare minimum of calories and wonder why they fall off the wagon. This is not good for your health! I go by TDEE vs. BMR. There's lots of forums that could explain this MUCH better than I ever could.
    5) Remember this is going to take time. You're going to plateau. You're going to get frustrated. You will even gain weight at times. But this is a process. You're trying to get healthy. And if you constantly obsess about the numbers, you won't be happy, no matter how much you lose.

this!
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Take before and after pics and measurements these can be a lot more accurate than the number on the scale. Also don't let the scale rule your progress, you mightn't have lost a pound but you might be able to run twice as far as you could before.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want in moderation.
    stay away from fast food/pop
    add sodium and try to stick with 1500.
    stay within your calories/sugars/sodium
    If you feel like eating but don't have calories, come here and start reading success stories.
    try to do some form of exercise. doesn't have to be intense, I just walk.

thats about it.
  • GomesDavid
    Options

this looks gud!! go for it :)