New Weight Watchers 360 plan

Options
So, what's new about this plan? There are always some new aspects to their plans. Has anyone joined recently?

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Curious as well as I have done both their previous ones.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    I did the Points Plus plan in 2012...not a carb friendly plan. I like MFP b/c counting calories, fat, carbs, fiber and factoring in cardio workouts gives me a bigger picture of what I'm doing. Am curious to know how the new plan differs from last years plan.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to the WW magazine (but not the whole program), and the editor hyped up the new 360 plan as a new Whole Life Plan, but did not give any specific details. I'd be interested to know what they mean.
  • Wickedbookworm1977
    Options
    I subscribe to the WW magazine (but not the whole program), and the editor hyped up the new 360 plan as a new Whole Life Plan, but did not give any specific details. I'd be interested to know what they mean.

I'm going to find out something (hopefully) before deciding to join. Maybe they don't unveil these things until today and after??
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, it doesn't change the previous points plan at all.

it's more about support with getting hungry, planning, coping skills, etc.

I have the at-home program I'm going to look at today
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    I did the Points Plus plan in 2012...not a carb friendly plan. I like MFP b/c counting calories, fat, carbs, fiber and factoring in cardio workouts gives me a bigger picture of what I'm doing. Am curious to know how the new plan differs from last years plan.

^^^This
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have joined WW many times lost lots of weight and then when I was done paying, I gained most back.. I find this MFP to be a lifesaver not only is it free, but its gets in your brain. I would save money and find some more friends on here, this has been absolutely the best TOOL EVER! Its a life changing experience. Good luck! :O)

If your gonna spend some money, do it joining a gym, etc.. Well worth every penny if you use it too!
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but paying for something you can do for free doesn't make sense to me. It's so simple, NOT easy lol...but simple. Less in than out.
  • Boingo1
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for a year. With no success. I can't get my weekends under control. I tried. That's why I'm going to go back to WW'ers. It's the only way I lost. 95 lbs. (gained back 15 that I can NOT lose. For 4 years I've been STUCK or gaining a few lbs every year).

So , yeah. I'm stupid, I guess
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've been doing MFP for a year. With no success. I can't get my weekends under control. I tried. That's why I'm going to go back to WW'ers. It's the only way I lost. 95 lbs. (gained back 15 that I can NOT lose. For 4 years I've been STUCK or gaining a few lbs every year).

So , yeah. I'm stupid, I guess

That doesn't make you stupid. Some of us need that accountability of a face to face meeting. Good luck!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am doing weight watchers combined with MFP. I joined a group on here that has tons of links and free information. I also have a free app on my droid phone and I do the old system because it works for me. Good Luck, stick with a program and you will lose weight!!!:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Boingo1
    Options
    I don't go to the meetings. I have the "At Home" program and thinking about getting the online access if I do good with the At Home stuff.
  • NB4Karolat
    Options
    Don't waste your money like I did. I signed up for the online 360 plan a few days ago, and IMO the site is garbage. It is absolutely painful to track what you eat! They basically just have weight watchers food and fresh fruits and veggies in their data bank. The rest you have to add. I find it isn't user friendly, and I certainly didn't see anything that would lead me to call it a"whole life" plan. If it was awesome they would probably let you tour the site before shelling out $60, or give you a $ back guarantee. They try to lour you in with "the secret." In my case, my curiosity got the best of me, and I made a late night, impulsive decision.. it was a bad one. Maybe there is more to it that I don't see, but I sat stick with MFP. It's free! Or go for WW Meetings?? Maybe that's worth paying for.
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been a Weight Watcher's meeting member since 2010; lost 40 lbs and became Lifetime within a year. But I could never maintain the weight loss. I've gained back 15 lbs. so am back (as a paying member) trying to get the weight off which won't budge this time around. I joined here because I wanted to see my calorie intake as I know that can be helpful.

Weight Watchers online is not user friendly, so I can understand if someone gets frustrated with it. What is in the database is very generic anyway so I like that I can add my own things. I can't just do online though - I need that group support; unfortunately WW doesn't give a lot of support to Lifetime or Maintaining members.

The new 360 plan does not in anyway change how the points plus is calculated - it's still using fat, carbs, fiber, protein; but they kind of give the plan a new name each year to attract new members and re-excite the current ones. Their goal with 360 is to instil into you healthy habits - each month features a new habit, ex: always pack a snack; have a fruit or veggie with each meal.... this month focuses on exercise I believe.

I lost 1/2 my weight on the old points plan and the rest on points plus.
  • daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I was curious about the same thing and asked a woman at work that is a lifetime member. I did really well with the old points plan but hated points plus. I was hoping they had changed it up some. She says all the points etc are the same that the points plus plan has been for a few years now. The big push is that they are supporting you from all sides (the 360) She feels that it is more about them focusing on the new technology they have available through apps and online. Nothing else seems really different.
  • babesse
    Options
    WOW! What different comments.
    All I can say is my wife lost 70 Lbs on WW and our Doctor is super pleased. And between the two of them, convinced me to join.
    I find the iPhone app great for tracking food and activity. Lots of Canadian fast food and restaurant chains int the DB (even Tim Hortons, YEAH) so I am keeping an open mind about it.
    I joined MFP because the company I work for will be using MFP for group encouragement. But I like what I see do far.
    We shall see how it goes for me.
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    WOW! What different comments.
    All I can say is my wife lost 70 Lbs on WW and our Doctor is super pleased. And between the two of them, convinced me to join.
    I find the iPhone app great for tracking food and activity. Lots of Canadian fast food and restaurant chains int the DB (even Tim Hortons, YEAH) so I am keeping an open mind about it.
    I joined MFP because the company I work for will be using MFP for group encouragement. But I like what I see do far.
    We shall see how it goes for me.

Good for you and your wife! I agree it is a great program! We have a lady in our group who has lost 150 lbs. on WW; she was able to go off 6 of her medications as well; her doctor told her he had never meant someone who had lost a whole person before, lol!

Any diet plan is going to be what you make out of it; 2 quotes from meetings that always have stuck with me:

"If you kind of do it, it kind of works. If you really do it, it really works."

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    I just came off of the new WW 360 Plan... the program itself has not changed (Points Plus), but they've added a "behavioral" aspect to it ~ for example, instead of riding the elevator, take the stairs. Also, it gives you goals to incorporate into your life to help them to become healthy habits.

While I do like WW, the overall cost became too much & I actually have found more support & a bigger food database on MFP... my results are equal to what I experienced on WW as well :smile:
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do WW and MFP. I was doing MFP for a long time and would fall off. I am a Lifetime memeber of WW trying to get back to goal. The ket for me is the accountability of the weigh in. I have 5 kids and do not waste money on things. Since I am paying WW and going in to weigh in it keeps me accountable. The 360 plan does try and hit weight loss from all angles instead of just the food you put in your mouth. I've lost 13lbs since January 1st.

I don't mind WW's logging at all. I was a memeber there years ago and when I renewed, all of my favorite foods and recipes were still there. One thing I do like is the way portions are broken down. There is slways the option for ts, tbls, ozs, cup etc. Here I find myself trying to find the correct portion that I used if it wasn't initially logged that way. While the MFP database is much larger than WW, WW has much better control over their database. Here you have to be careful and double check things in the database.

WW has really helped me to eat cleaner. When only doing MFP I was using calories for junky crap. When I joined WW i learned quickly that that crap will cost you your points. When I first joined WW I was at Starbucks and got the reduced fat Berry coffee cake. I knew it was 350 calories so I ate it. I plug it in to WW and it was a third of my points for the day! Now I choose lean meats, fish, fruits, veggies, cheese etc. It has helped me get a handle on my sweet tooth for sure!

Last thing when I first started WW and had a 3+ lb loss, I came here to log my foods in to see how many calories I was eating. I was eating 1100-1200 calories on my points allotment. this was way too low for this 5'9 girl who works out everyday. I added in lots of free fruits and vegetables plus a banana (0 points) a day to boost my cories but keep my points low.

My weigh in time is Saturday morining and this keep me accoutnable fhrough Friday night and if I splurge on Saturday I have the whole week to pull it back. WW has proven to work for me so that is what I went back to. I can't wait to not have to pay anymore!
  • claudiamassie
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading all of your comments. I have lost with Weight Watchers in the past (a long time ago), but have really gained a lot of weight recently. I have tried using mfp, but I just don't seem to be able to stick with it. Good for a few days or a couple of weeks, them I quit. I think I will join weight watchers again tomorrow. I wish there was a way to track points on mfp because I find the ww on line tracker too complicated.