no sugary drinks challenge

Options
I am taking a challenge starting January 14th thru February 11th. Eliminate sugar from all fluids and see how much weight you drop in one months time.

Replace Pop with seltzer water and fruit slices, eliminate sugar from coffee and tea, eliminate fruit juice and replace with real fruit instead, and as always consume more water.

I am siked so far and can't wait to start. Whose with me!

Replies

• diettom
    diettom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    am in
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Not to be a debbie downer, but what you're doing is just making sure you're in calorie deficit. Sugar isn't the issue it's overconsumption of calories that is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Not to be a debbie downer, but what you're doing is just making sure you're in calorie deficit. Sugar isn't the issue it's overconsumption of calories that is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

and you aren't eliminating sugar in drinks if you are adding fruit.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    milk has sugar so **** that
  • tstandfield1
    tstandfield1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im in, but what about diet drinks or the little packets you can put in your water is that allowed?
  • mamma_bear41
    Options
    My guess is diet and packets are ok in moderation. I heard about this challenge on the talk show called the "doctors."

Thanks to the personal trainers that put their input in. I for one know that I have a problem with drinking way too many sugary drinks so this will be good for me. It will help me break some of my bad habits.