Excited! But could do with a little advice...

Options
I think I have finally found the aide I need to help me lose that extra weight. Im around 20 pounds off my goal weight and its so encouraging to see so many people cheering each other on.

I have one question though and some of you may have the answer. I work in a shopping centre where there is pretty much just fast food places (KFC, Bar Burrito, Subway, Nando's, Pizza hut, Starbucks, Pret, Caffe Nero, MacDonalds, etc) and at work we have no access to a fridge. Needless to say healthy eating at home is easy but its work where Im really tested, any healthy options you can think of?
My shifts mean I could work anything from 9am - 5pm to 2pm - 10pm so sometimes its lunch and sometimes its dinner on my break.

Thanks peeps and good luck on ur weight loss!

x

Replies

• norcalgrl
    Options
    Since there's no access to a fridge, have you thought of purchasing a lunch bag that can hold your food cold?
  • sblim
    sblim Posts: 99
    Options
    Can of low sodium tuna, some bbq sauce, bread, and an apple.. :) Bringing your lunch is the best thing you could probably due to avoid the oh so good fried food!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I would bring a small cooler/lunchbox with an ice pack. I also bring a book, when I worked in that type of situation, to read and keep my mind off the food I wasn't eating.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    Go to each fast food place's website and get nutritional information. You can see the calorie counts before you order and make a bad choice.