I need help in the gym!!

Options
Hey my name is Tiffany. I am 19 and 195 lbs... I just got a year long membership at my local gym but I am completely lost as for what I should be doing, what machines I should be using and for how much.. I want to eventually be down to 125lbs and nice and tone... So is there possibly any person out there more experienced than I, maybe you have been in my shoes, who would want to help me out. Maybe give me a lil plan to do at the gym, and daily chores for the days I can't go? I don't have the money for a personal trainer right now... So if there is anyone out there who would like to see one girl get to her goals... let me know :)

I am 100% serious and committed to this by the way

Replies

• _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    See about getting your hands on a copy of New Rules for Lifting for Women

are you planning on doing cardio and strength training?

Does your gym have classes as part of the membership? try some and see what you like that way.

You could also ask and see if there is a trainer available and if it costs for an assessment/ some help or if it's free. HTH!
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym and ask for a personal trainer to show you the machines, teach you how to use them and help you get started. They will be able to do based on a conversation with you about your goals, fitness level, ability and such
  • ishougen
    Options
    Get a Fitocracy account! :D
  • mercymarque
    Options
    Take a look at bodybuilders.com They have a 6 week program 12 week.. It gives you info on what to do everyday. As look at youtube so you get an idea of the right form. You should do both cardio and strength training. Do cardio for 30 minutes or more 5-6 days take at least one day for rest. Work on one muscle group. Don't be scare to lift heavy. Start off comfortable then increase with each rep ex lift 10 pound weigh do 10 reps wait 60 seconds then do your next rep 15 pound weight do 8 reps wait 30 seconds lift 20 for 6 reps. Good luck
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey Tiffany ,

Browse around on Body building .com , A quick search and I found one , Only problem is it may not fit your schedule . I would start off with something like 3 Times a week ..

http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/female-20to39-fat-loss/training

You can also start from the sub category 'Find a plan" http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/

They have work outs for men and women , Just search the workouts plans and routines and find the one that fits what you want .

Good luck !
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Ive been going to the gym awhile but recall my first few weeks when i started... everyones plan is different... but heres what i did starting out....

30-45 minutes of cardio (elliptical, treadmill, bike) Running,jogging,elliptical are going to burn the most calories unless u go hard on the bike... cardio will burn fat fast.

but....

I noticed that i was getting results....I wasnt lifting.... and losing muscle from all the cardio. So i always do atelast 20-30 minutes of lifting... arms one day, legs one day, then "core" on my off days (at home sit ups, planks, etc)

again it all depends what ur goals are and how long u are at the gym, how many days a week etc.