Stuck!

I need your opinions please. I currently have my profile set as "sedentary" because on my job I sit in front of a computer all day. I have my weekly weight loss set for 1 1/2 lbs, and 5 workouts a week. I take 3 spin classes a week, and on the other 2 days I do a 1/2 hour of weight lifting followed by a 1/2 hour of either the treadmill or elliptical. I take 2 days off a week from workouts. Should I keep it at "sedentary" or make it "lightly active". I know I don't qualify for "Active". I just need to get this figured out now that I have my HRM and am getting the correct exercise calorie burns. I have lost quite a bit of weight, but now I'm on a forever long plateau. If I stay at Sedentary I get fewer calories to eat daily than I would at lightly active. Help!!!!

Replies

• wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    If you already are adding in your activity into the app to account for the calories burned during your work outs, I would stay at Sedentary. But if you think that a few more calories would help, you could change your weekly weight loss goal to one pound per week to give you more. Or you could change your routine a bit. Instead of the treadmill and elliptical try the stairmaster for a half hour. Your body gets used to your routine so changing it up will help jump start you off the plateau. Also check your size. Sometimes you may not lose weight, but you lose inches. I often would spend weeks in a plateau because I was swapping fat for muscle, but I'd drop clothing sizes. Incorporating good fats like avocado can also help as well.
  • Wihler
    Wihler Posts: 3
    I am also interested to know the answer for this as I also came from a sedentary lifestyle to exercising 7 days a week.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    I would go to lightly active. The majority of people who think they are sedentary really aren't.

If you are stuck, swtich things up. Change your exercise, change your intensity, change what you are eating, etc.