Benefits of Green Tea

Options
I've recently decided to switch from coffee to tea, green tea. Has anyone tried this before? Have you noticed changes in your overall health since drinking tea? I've read a lot of great things on the health benefits from drinking green tea.. I'm excited to see what it will do for me!

Replies

• Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm pretty new to tea... but I started drinking it because if you put a lemon wedge in it is suppose to help with water retention... and it does... So i'm enjoying it. Lol.

But other than that? No not really.
  • MrsTaryn
    Options
    I love my coffee but have restricted myself to 2 cups a day. I drink rooibos tea ( i think its a south african tea) caffeine free and naturally sweeter than normal tea
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love green tea! I make a big batch of iced green tea for the week and drink about 4-6 glasses a day. i count it as my water. i have noticed a big improvement in my health. Not so tired.I have asthma and now I rarely have an attack. i don't seem to catch colds as much. I strongly endorse green tea. Another tea I drink that is even stronger and more beneficial is guayusa tea. I mix the 2 together.
  • pksd
    pksd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is a good book on the benefits of green tea. I switched from coffee in the morning to 16 ounce mug of green tea few years ago, but I mix my green tea with other tea bags, depending on my mood or what I need for that day. I still drink coffee every once in a while, but now I am addicted to tea. Too much coffee gives me heartburn and anxiety sometimes.

This is where I get most of my teas:
    http://www.tealand.com/

Book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Green-Tea-Nadine-Taylor/dp/1575662434/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1357846182&sr=1-3&keywords=green+tea
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've tried to like green tea, but it just has a bitter - grassy taste to me. I do like black teas, but am hooked on my morning coffee. I've read many good benefits from green tea, so if you can make the switch more power to you.
  • ejyogafit
    Options
    I switched for two years to green tea and really enjoyed it. I am drinking coffee again but try to have a least one cup of green every day. I read somewhere that 2 cups a days will give endless benifets
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to tea as I recently cut down on sodas and coffee. I am finding that I prefer tea to soda and coffee and it is zero calories. I have some green tea at home and use that. I have noticed fewer headaches and lower sodium as health benefits. Also I drink my tea w/o sugar, another benefit.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I've tried to like green tea, but it just has a bitter - grassy taste to me. I do like black teas, but am hooked on my morning coffee. I've read many good benefits from green tea, so if you can make the switch more power to you.

There is a bit of a trick to good green tea. First of all, don't use too much of the loose leaf tea if that is what you use. I use the bags, mango green tea is my favourite. Once you boil the water, let it sit for a minute or two to cool it down and then steep your tea for one to 3 minutes, no more or it can get bitter. Give that a shot.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to tea... but I started drinking it because if you put a lemon wedge in it is suppose to help with water retention... and it does... So i'm enjoying it. Lol.

But other than that? No not really.

I'm totally going to start using lemon with my tea. I have the green tea k-cups for my keurig, and I sweeten it with a bit of stevia. It's not a taste I'd prefer, I just force myself to drink it for the "benefits" (I haven't been drinking it for long, so I couldn't tell you about those).