Simplest Way To Make An Omelette?

Options
Graelwyn75
Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
Never made one (yes, honestly), and the one attempt I made, turned out a scrambled mess.
So can someone tell me the easiest way to make one ?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    you can buy one of those omelette frying pan things that you can flip over
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Bump. I get about 3/10 correct. I eat a lot of sloppy omelets.
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Put one egg or egg whites, whatever meats and veggies you want and/or cheese in a microwavable coffe mug. Scramble with a fork. Put in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix up some more and microwave another 30 seconds. Put on a plate and enjoy.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Put one egg or egg whites, whatever meats and veggies you want and/or cheese in a microwavable coffe mug. Scramble with a fork. Put in microwave for 30 seconds. Mix up some more and microwave another 30 seconds. Put on a plate and enjoy.

Not the most delicious way, but not bad and definitely the easiest!
  • DeMimiaf
    DeMimiaf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mushroom&spanich quiche. Found on Pinterest using muffin pan. Link: http://www.manilaspoon.com/2012/08/spinach-quiche-cups.html?m=1

So so delicious. Made some modifications. Still good!
  • strive60
    strive60 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don' t try to flip it before it has cooked. lift the cooked sides and let the runny eggs go under till it is almost all cooked. Add wanted fillers and flip. then cook it a little more on each side.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Use a nonstick pan about the size you want the omelette to be, cook the scrambled egg until it is almost all the way set, lifting up the edges to let uncooked egg run under. Flip it very carefully using a large spatula or 2 regular sized ones. You could try sliding it onto a plate and flipping it back into the pan if you can't master the spatula flip. Then fill, fold, cheese (if using) and serve :smile:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Two eggs. Splash of milk.

In a frypan put a little bit of oil .. A teaspoon-ish and a bit of butter.. 5grms-ish

When the oil/butter is frothy-hot, pour egg-mix in.

When it starts setting on the outside, add whatever filling you like... Wait 2-3mins longer fold. Done.

Or, add the filling, cover in cheese and whack the pan under the grill until the cheese is bubbly.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    get a food nonstick frying pan.

first cook your veggies and stuff that you're doing, put pam or oil or whatever, and sautee the veggies and stuff in the pan, once they are close to being cooked pour in your egg mixture (if you're making it yourself using whole eggs just wisk them together really well, you can buy already mixed, also egg beaters and liquid egg whites) cover all your ingredients and then put a top on the pan, check it every couple of mins, and when the eggs are all firm, just put a spatula under one side and fold it over, then slide it off.

You probably need either a better pan or more oil or whatever, so a better pan would be healthier
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Two eggs. Splash of milk.

In a frypan put a little bit of oil .. A teaspoon-ish and a bit of butter.. 5grms-ish

When the oil/butter is frothy-hot, pour egg-mix in.

When it starts setting on the outside, add whatever filling you like... Wait 2-3mins longer fold. Done.

Or, add the filling, cover in cheese and whack the pan under the grill until the cheese is bubbly.
    That's what I do, except I flip the folded omelet once more. :smile:
    The key to a fluffy omelet is just a tiny bit of milk in the scramble.
  • SoontirFel
    SoontirFel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Denny's or IHOP. Perfect every time.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    use playdough :)
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    you can buy one of those omelette frying pan things that you can flip over

Do you have one you can recommend?
    One possibly in the shape of a heart?
    (I like hearts.)
  • carenscuisine
    Options
    I was the breakfast chef at a restaurant and this is what I learned.....don't touch it. Pour the egg mix in the oiled pan and let it sit at Medium and don't touch it until it seems almost done. Then you can slide it onto a plate and flip it onto the other side to finish, but turn off the heat, then put your ingredients in and fold. Let it sit in the pan to get the ingredients warm and melted if there is cheese. good luck. If all else fails, do the italian omlet and mix all ingredients into the egg mix and do the above. Thats a frittata and that is good also.
    If you decide to do the micro or muffin pan method, grease the pan or mug well, eggs stick like a motherlover.
  • smichelle65
    smichelle65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    1. Spray a non-stick skillet (small, 10-inch size) with cooking spray; heat on medium-high.

2. Pour your scrambled egg mixture into the skillet.

3. Lift the pan, and slowly swirl til some of the mixture coats the sides of the skillet. Take a rubber spatula and push the egg from the sides back down. Pick the skillet back up, and repeat the swirl up/push down step, until the surface is no longer runny.

4. The center of the omelet should be moist. Season and add cheese on the surface.

5. Fold omelet in half. Lift skillet off burner and shake it a bit to loosen the omelet, flip the omelet once.

6. Slide the omelet onto a plate and enjoy!
  • Amatambi
    Options
    I was honestly never into omelets, I prefered just scrambled eggs with stuff in them :)

My mom has made them before, and as a lot of people have said, it is important to not flip it before it's cooked.

Perhaps throw the eggs and whatever you want in them into a bowl and mix it up before putting it in the pan if you like more consistency.
  • Lucy557
    Options
    mix an egg in bowl,fry your egg in pan sprayed with pam with olive oil. Flip egg and cook on other side,add mushrooms ,canned tomatoes, and cheese,fold over ,it is delicious
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Depends on the ingredients. I use bacon, so let's go with that.

Add bacon to the pan, let it fry so the fat coats the bottom. Once bacon is cooked to your desired crispness, take it out and put it aside on a plate.
    Now, stir your eggs in a bowl (I use four) - stir them vigorously, with a fork or a whisker, you don't want stringy egg-whitey-ness to come out when you remove your stirring... device (utensil? Whatever).
    Pour your egg mixture into the pan, onto the bacon fat. Tilt the pan so the omelette runs around the edges, forming as best as circle as you can. Using a spatula, lift the cooked edges of the omelette to let the runny bits run under.
    Now, add your bacon back on top of what looks like something between scrambled eggs and a pancake, along with any other ingredients you have (veggies, cheese, more bacon, whatever).

This is the tricky part.

Lift the pan over your plate, and very carefully slide the spatula under one side of the omelette and attempt to fold it ver. I find it helps to kind of let momentum "roll" the omelette onto my plate.
    Once it's on the plate, serve on it's own, or top with some salsa, guacamole, Greek yoghurt, sour cream or whatever you like. Maybe have a side of chips or asparagus.

Voila! Huge, filling meal of omeletty bacon goodness. Pics on my profile of how mine turn out - with all methods above followed and ingredients.

Additional notes:
    Don't bother adding cream, milk or whatever. It deducts from the taste, IMO, or else you'll barely notice it. Just use more egg.
    Use whole eggs, not egg whites or egg white/yolk blends. Best part of the egg is the yolk, and the few more calories from fat (oh noez, teh saturated fatz!...) will keep you fuller for a lot longer.

Hope your omelette works out for you - however you make it.:)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    get a food nonstick frying pan.

first cook your veggies and stuff that you're doing, put pam or oil or whatever, and sautee the veggies and stuff in the pan, once they are close to being cooked pour in your egg mixture (if you're making it yourself using whole eggs just wisk them together really well, you can buy already mixed, also egg beaters and liquid egg whites) cover all your ingredients and then put a top on the pan, check it every couple of mins, and when the eggs are all firm, just put a spatula under one side and fold it over, then slide it off.

You probably need either a better pan or more oil or whatever, so a better pan would be healthier

A non-stick pan is crucial for omelets.