No Fair!!!!!!!!

Options
Ok, ok, I know. "Just keep it up and it will come." "muscle weighs more than fat", "your retaining fluid in those sore muscles".
But man am I frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on day 4 of a new daily exercise routine, (day one = 60 mins boot camp, day two = 30-90mins capoeira, repeat)
and the scale is STUCK!!!!
I am spot on with my food and losing hope. 2 more days and then I will rest on Sunday and start again.
I'm just venting, thanks for listening. Anyone else have this happen?

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Come back in a month. Put the scale away.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Day 4? It's a scale, not an egg timer. Have some patience
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    honeybooboo-1_zpse1f87930.gif
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

relax and dont get frustrated.
    Prob water retention from exercise.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Three things:

1st - it takes more than 4 days to get results
    2nd - back away from the scale. In fact, put it away for 2 weeks..better yet, a month as another poster said
    3rd - Rely more on measurements

Oh and one more thing - this isn't a race. Realize that this will be more a slow and steady type of thing rather than a sprint. Expecting your body to miraculously or/and drastically change in 4 weeks let alone 4 days is just going to set you up to get frustrated and quit.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Come back in a month. Put the scale away.

Yes to this.

I was talking to my doctor about this issue today and putting the scale away is the exact advice she gave me for if I ran into this problem.

Good luck to you!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

honeybooboo-1_zpse1f87930.gif

honey boo boo knows all.
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Use a measuring tape not a scale to see how you are doing! This is what I had to do, I have an addiction to weighing every morning and was so upset that I couldnt see a number change,but some friends on here suggested measuring instead of weighing wow it made a difference. HAng in there its not going to change over night!!!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yep. Scale is actually going up for me. Don't sweat it. Step away from the scale and keep exercising, and eating well. Your body will adjust.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Would it make you feel any better if I told you I dropped a pants size while my scale didn't change at all? True story. Weight fluctuations happen daily - if you weigh yourself every day, don't expect it to show a loss all the time, it will disappoint you.

And as others have said - its only been four days. Any new exercise routine, even for someone who has been active & fit for awhile, will cause a little gain in the form of water retention - muscles will hang onto water to help repair themselves (or something like that). I always put on a few pounds when I start a new routine.

Stick with it, take pictures, take measurements - it will happen.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I've been at this since May 2012. I exercise 6 days a week and watch what I eat. My ticker reveals how slow my progress has been.

You need to find foods you love and exercise that you would do no matter what the scale says. That is the real secret to permanent weight loss.
  • Hinxx
    Hinxx Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Put that scale away!

There is nothing more frustrating than watching that undesirable number get stuck and not go down. Don't stress yourself with that, stress will not help and it can actually make things worse for your health. Be patient and consistent. Those are my two key words everyday so that I don't go crazy thinking about how much I weigh. Good luck! :)
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You didn't put it on in four days. You won't lose it in four days.

Please be patient. Keep up the good work.

Good results will ocme.
  • kingneptune45
    kingneptune45 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Would it make you feel any better if I told you I dropped a pants size while my scale didn't change at all? True story. Weight fluctuations happen daily - if you weigh yourself every day, don't expect it to show a loss all the time, it will disappoint you.

And as others have said - its only been four days. Any new exercise routine, even for someone who has been active & fit for awhile, will cause a little gain in the form of water retention - muscles will hang onto water to help repair themselves (or something like that). I always put on a few pounds when I start a new routine.

Stick with it, take pictures, take measurements - it will happen.

I agree with Amy and others, I would put the scale away for at least a month. I would look for satisfaction in your appearance and how your clothes fit on you. Body Mass and Scales will make drive you crazy. keep up the good work!!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Agree, put the scale away.

Take all your measurements.

Keep hitting your calorie goal and logging daily.

Check again in a month.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I weigh the same as I have for the last couple years (I go up & down around 5 to 10lbs). However, I've dropped almost 2 pants sizes & definitely dropped 2 undies sizes (loose undies is NOT comfortable at the gym!! They go places the sun don't shine!!)

Several others mentioned the same thing - if you think you'll see a miracle in 4 days, I want the program you're on! Honestly, it takes at least 30 days for a body & mind to adjust to a new routine. Do a weekly weigh-in along with measuring waist, hips, chest, thigh, arms & neck. See if your clothes fit better or become more loose, THIS is the true test. And before you think they're just stretching out, trust me, they're not! The dryer gnome only steals the left sock, he doesn't stretch clothes out as well.

Patience is a virture - use it for all it is worth & the results will be worth it.
  • fancycastle
    Options
    I have, and I'm kinda on the path of overcoming it. What I did was change up my routine. I ate different foods everyday (ex: oatmeal for breakfast one day, and a health shake the next day). Also, I changed up my exercise routine. There are plenty of amazing exercise apps out there (I highly recommend six-pack promise) and fun dance videos on youtube to follow along with. I was overflowing with the exercises I could get through, 60 minutes wasn't enough. Now, I switch off my routine and do whatever I think will challenge myself. Doing this for just a couple days - I lost 2.2 pounds! Changing your routine with your eating habits - even if they're good ones - and your exercise routines will really help get that number on that scale down. I hope this helped.
  • Laner25
    Laner25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I always go up before I go down. We all get so into the numbers (me included) that we get bummed if we don't the scale move immediately. Hang in there and give it time.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    seriously???? you are at it 4 whole days and nothing yet??? Well then why bother at all? Weight loss and or muscle gain happens over night. You didnt get in your current condtion over night, your not gonna get that sexy bod over night either. So get over it.

Or you can go to work at walmart with my sister in law, who says her job there put on a 25 lb weight gain in one month. She also isnt over weight, she has high hips.