30 lbs lost... some more to go (pics!)

Options
onyxgirl17
onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
Hey all,

My name is Christina. I'm sharing my story even though my journey is not over yet, maybe it will be helpful!) I have been pretty slim most of my life until after I got married. I really stopped caring, ate out a lot with my husband (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Applebee's, Fast Food) and let's not even get started with how much Starbucks latte's and frappucinos I' had. Well over 3 years I put on about 40 pounds. When I got up to 170 I knew I should stop overeating so much so I just tried to maintain that for awhile, a couple weak attempts at a diet later, and after the death of my mother Jan. 2012 I was up around 177 in May 2012. I think approaching 180 kinda put a scare into me, especially with my mom passing away partially blamed on her obesity. So I decided I would actually really go ahead and lose the extra weight. I really didn't want to start because I had an eating disorder from 15-16 years old so I thought calorie counting again would be a trigger.

I started in May by eating 1200-1400 calories a day. A few weeks passed. I lost nothing! Maybe a pound. So I started going to the gym in June (I knew nothing about eating calories back, learned about that later). I used this app Tap & Track to keep track of eating and exercising. I was exercising 5X a week ~500 calories a day and eating 1200-1400 calories so about netting ~800 calories a day. Between June and July I lost 15 pounds, wow! Then I joined MFP in July. I started reading the forums and about healthy eating and about what netting too low could do for you. The last thing I wanted to do was wreck my metabolism. So I calmed down on the cardio, and kept my calories at ~1300-1400 making sure to have a weekly net over 1200 just to be safe.

August rolled around and the weight loss slowed. Which makes sense because I stopped cardio 5X a week. I went back to school in the fall and couldn't exercise much besides walking around school but I made sure I was making good food choices for the most part. I kept my net around ~1300 throughout the entire Sept.-Dec. and took off another 15 pounds.

So here I am in January, 2013 30 pounds down... I still have more to go but I'm finally back in some of my smaller clothes. I invested in a fitbit for Xmas, joined a family walking challenge, and am trying to make 10,000 steps a day. I have a very demanding schedule at the University but I prepare food in advance to keep my diet under control and just make sure to move a lot. I have done the squats and sit-ups challenges on here, and have spent a couple months lifting but I know I need to do more.

Here are my progress pics:

June 2011 (feeble attempt to lose weight, was 171) (I'm the blonde with the khaki pants and sombrero looking adventure hat!)
284804_2079759028206_4586215_n_zpscd2506ba.jpg

December 2011 (Family Christmas party, rolls upon rolls, I couldn't stand looking at this set of pictures)
391026_289805824388949_1371399058_n_zps1315f733.jpg

May 2012 (getting serious, taking initial pictures)
IMG_2223_zps9fb6746e.jpg

Beg. June 2012
IMG_2297_zps0338c1ba.jpg

August 2012 (15 pounds down...)
IMG_2715_zps6aa0e605.jpg

IMG_2787_zps612287da.jpg

December 2012 (30 pounds down...)
IMG_3146_zps72ee1bc9.jpg

IMG_3306_zpse55922a6.jpg

I still have confidence issues, especially with my thighs (damn cellulite, had it with lunges squats, and 100 lbs and part of the reason on my obsessiveness when I was 15/16 since I had it then... ) but I know I'm not perfect and don't expect to ever be and just want to be a healthy woman for my future family. I'm gonna keep working hard and my next goal is to hit ~135 around this summer :).

Replies

• sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for sharing and keep up the hard work! :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic progress...well done!
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    oh wow you look great!
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great job !!!! Keep up the good work !
  • stephaniethomas80
    stephaniethomas80 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good job! I started at 180 lbs as well I'm down to 158 as of today. You look amazing and definitely a huge difference in the before and after pics. I hope soon to be posting some of my own
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job you should be so proud of yourself. You absolutely beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your story it is encouraging and I know sharing pictures isnt easy but being able to see someone elses hard work pay off shows me that I can do this. I want to lose 15lbs and feel like I am a yo yo. I go up I go down... wish me luck and thanks so much!
  • Mrspatel28
    Mrspatel28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job. I am pretty much starting out at the same point and wanted to know how tall you are?
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congrats on all your hard work, it clearly paid off!
  • onyxgirl17
    Options
    I'm about 5'6"
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    We are in similar places and you look awesome. It's amazing how the last 15 lbs makes such a big visual difference. Really proud of you! Thanks for encouraging me!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic and there is a major difference in your thighs! Congratulations!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look great and 30lbs down is wonderful. Be proud of your hardwork.
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you look great- and are doing a hell of a good job! Stick with it! ....for what its worth....size 0's have cellulite too so dont let it get you down:)
  • tiredmomx4
    Options
    you look amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • onyxgirl17
    Options
    Thanks guys :)
  • laynie878
    laynie878 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You have done so well! A true inspiration. I always love seeing your updates. Congrats on the hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!