Sub 300!

Options
cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
For days now, I've been teetering on the brink, but this morning I finally broke through the 300 pound barrier.

That's roughly 66 pounds in 106 days, for an average of 0.62 pounds per day!

Of course, as they say, it's a marathon, not a sprint, but I'm hoping I can maintain this pace for awhile longer. It's all about maintaining my current level of enthusiasm at this point. Now comes the long, slow grind to my goal weight. I've got a long way to go, but I think I'm ahead of the game, at least mentally.

I'm working my butt off four nights a week at the gym. I'm eating healthier than ever. Often, I find myself having to figure out how to get MORE calories in my system. And I've been at this for 3.5 months now which means I'm starting to make eating right a habit. Making healthy eating choices is now the first thought that enters my head when meal time rolls around, not lamenting the fact that I can't stuff myself full of double cheeseburgers.

I still have a few few more short term goals up my sleeve too. A few years back I got myself down to 280 (if only for a moment). That's the lowest I've been in years, so I'm looking forward to crossing that threshold in another 20 pounds. 250 would be HUGE, 225 would be AMAZING, and 200 would be party time in VEGAS!

I'm still not sure if the pride I feel about how far I've come, outweighs the shame I feel for just how far I let myself go, but for today, I'm going with pride. Every time I look in the mirror, my muscles are a little big bigger and my waist is a little bit smaller. I'm feeling pretty darn good, and it's just going to get better from here!

Replies

• kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    WOW! Congrats and good job!
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Pride definately!!
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Chris,
    You are doing all of the right things and I respect your conquest to improve the quality of your life.. In many ways we are similar. The reward is watching the inches come off your waist line ( so far I lost 6 inches off my waist). I am thoroughly convinced that by eating right with exercise is the only way to lose weight. The fad diets do not work. Please eat your recommended calories as well as the calories you earned in exercise. Do not let your body go into starvation mode. And best regards as you move forward. Nice job! It is not easy but your attitude is to be commended.
  • Sarah_LM
    Sarah_LM Posts: 96
    Options
    Wow thats amazing! You should feel so proud!

And as for starvation mode, I think people on this website are too obsessed. My doctor told me that as long as you are getting enough calories, there is no point eating extra because you are wasting all your hard work! It looks to me like on average he gets about 1,800 a day which seems plenty to me. If he was juicing it maybe, but I don't think he's doing anything wrong.
  • froggy905
    froggy905 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Proud of you, and inspired by you! Keep it up!
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Congrats on the wonderful strides you have made thus far - just remember to keep that goal in mind and just keep working at it one day at a time.

Good Luck to a thinner you!!!!

Keep up the GREAT work, you should be really proud of yourself.:bigsmile:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    Way to go! You have worked hard and have made wise choices to help form habits for a healthy new lifestyle! You should be so proud of yourself!! You are definitely an inspiration to us MFP'ers! :flowerforyou:
  • mA2rml
    mA2rml Posts: 14
    Options
    And you should be very proud of yourself! You are such an inspiration! Congratulations and keep up the good work!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

With regards to starvation mode, I've tried very hard to avoid that situation. I've had a couple of days that were under, but I've had a couple days that were over as well.

I've read a lot on the subject and the one thing I cal tell you is that seriously overweight individuals have a much higher maximum weight loss potential than MFP allows for. I weigh 299.6 lb's with a body fat percentage of 44.2% (132.42 pounds), which means that in theory, I could sustain a deficit of 4,105.02 calories per day (132.42 x 31) before I even start to lose lean body mass. I'm not trying to come anywhere near that number however. Not to mention, it is considerably higher than my RMR!

My goal is to maximize my weight loss in a healthy manner by maintaining a baseline caloric intake of healthier foods (without starving myself) and supplementing that with a considerable amount of exercise. I'm constantly reviewing the numbers to make sure things are making sense and I just ordered a HRM to help me better track my fitness.

I do appreciate the concern though! :smile:
  • dkshell
    dkshell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome. You are an inspiration for everyone else to stay on track. Keep up the good work.
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!! You have lost a huge amount of weight in a very short time ( I am a little jealous :bigsmile: ) Keep it up because whatever you are doing is working. A big congrats on your success and commitment to becoming a healthier person.:flowerforyou:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's absolutely brilliant Chris :happy:

Congratulations on your success so far and good luck for the rest of your journey.

Jax x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!