I feel like im STARVING :(

Options
What kind of foods can i eat that will keep me feeling fuller?

Im doing 1500 cals' a day and i seriously feel like i didnt eat anything at all today.

Replies

• jen_mv
    jen_mv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    More protein and fewer carbs. Protein will keep you full longer, while carbs will have you feeling hungry quickly. You could probably also add lots of low calorie vegetables if you like them.
  • chavaqacu
    Options
    And healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, raw nuts (in appropriate portions) Watch for hidden sugars and curb carbs. Bumping up protein and good fats will help you to feel sated.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Protein! Also, drink a lot of water, many times our body is dehydrated and needs water but we read it as hunger instead.
  • cmccorma
    cmccorma Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Protein! Also, if you have just started, your appetite will adjust to your diet. So you'll feel fuller off of less food
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Double or more your protein that it calls for on here automatically! Also.. make sure you at least meet min fiber each day!
    Lots and lots of water..
    Oatmeal, nuts, greek yogurt, natural peanut butter, thick veggie based soups. All help me. I like warm corn bread too and makign my own thick gravy on potatoes.

seriously.. if you eat more whole natural foods, you'll feel more full and reach the nutrients your body needs easier. Processed food take away all the good stuff our bodies actually need. (cant' see your diary just a suggestion)
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    Also FIBER!! Shoot for 25 grams daily.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    ^^ I love your user name! LOL
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Fat & Protein.
    Heavier carbs like pasta can be filling
    Maybe try low cal/high volume food
    Processed or unprocessed is up to you
    :flowerforyou:
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What kind of foods can i eat that will keep me feeling fuller?

Im doing 1500 cals' a day and i seriously feel like i didnt eat anything at all today.

Eat lots of vegetables with proteins.Stay away from processed foods, they're loaded with calories and leave you hungry for more crap.

Also avoid sodas (diet sodas included)!! Diet sodas make your brain want more food.

I've done 500 calories with HCG diet (yes I know everyone too few calories bad bad bad) but seriously I was full all the time because I ate so many raw vegetables and lean protein.
  • Jade021996
    Options
    Check out my blog :D i'm talking about things like these :D

http://bananajadedog.blogspot.com/
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Stay away from processed foods, they're loaded with calories and leave you hungry for more crap.

My 150 calories of 48oz of very processed protein powder was VERY filling. Not hungry at all :tongue:
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    Looks like you've gotten some good advice. Drinking juice from a lemon in warm water first thing in the morning will help your hunger as well as adding Yerbe Matte drink to your day will curb your appetite.
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have protein shakes in my fridge for this purpose, but I also found that if I drink a crap load of water, I'm not nearly as hungry, as everyone else says, protein and fiber....
  • jennifermartini
    jennifermartini Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amen Sistah - I am sticking to 1600 and am friggin hungry all day..dunno why I am getting lots of fibre?!?! What about you?

Jen
  • westerly34
    Options
    bowl full of strawberries? thats about less than 30 carbs...drinking lots of water helps me
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    then eat more food..
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Hey.. look at my diary today.. I feel so stuffed with so little.
    It's all about what you eat. I skipped breakfast even today (not reccommended) but I'm so full right now.

jsut kind the food that fills you.. the more protein and fiber it contains the better you will feel and the less hungry.
  • mrsricta
    Options
    Along with what most other people said drink LOTS (AND I MEAN LOTS) OF WATER ALL DAY LONG!! Drink at least 8oz before starting your meals as well!