Still hungry

Options
Hello.

For the most part I've been keeping fairly close to the number of calories that I need. However, I find myself still hungry later on in the night. and starving in the morning. So what am I doing wrong??? :indifferent:

Thanks!!

Still hungry

Replies

• mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    More protein! More fiber! Apples in particular are great for making you feel full.

Good luck! :)
  • becbrown01
    Options
    I have to snack on raw veggies right before bed. I found myself waking up in the night with terrible hunger pains. I normally eat like a cup of assorted raw veggies about an hour before bed. Not the most satisfying thing in the world, but it seem to help!
  • Fry24
    Fry24 Posts: 21
    Options
    Agreed with the raw veggies/protein- if I eat a cup or 2 of dark leafy salad greens (romaine or Earthbound farm spring mix- each about 10-15 calories for 1-2 cups) with grated carrots (gives it a little sweetness and only another 5-10 cal) with some fresh salsa and a little ranch dressing on top- it is really filling and not too many cals if I am running low. The fresh salsa gives it a great flavor without adding too many calories. Adding 1-2 oz grilled chicken too, if you have another 20-40 cals, is my favorite snack.
  • policebaby
    Options
    It could have a lot to do with what you are eating all day. Just because you are within your calories does not mean you are eating the best you can. Try more lean protien through out your day, no carbs after 4ish, drink more water and invest in a clean low carb, low sugar, slow acting protien. I suggest Gold Standard Casein. Mix with water just before bed nightly. Hope this helps!
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options
    I agree, more protein and fiber will help you stay feeling full. Also, how often do you eat? If you pack all your calories into only 3 meals, you'll feel more hungry between meals and into the evening. If you spread it out over several meals, one of which is set for mid-evening, you won't be as hungry because you're always eating.
  • angelface12004
    Options
    i used to eat yogurt to curb my hunger, but now i can't seem to eat all my cals. Also coffee made me full, also reading a book in the bath (that way your stuck there, lol), rice crackers are a good munchie, also ate this new to me food today, it was finn crisps (80 cals in 2 of them) :). Hope you get some ideas.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    it's quality over quality over quantity as well as everything people have mentioned. 1000 cals of fresh, natural, NUTRITIOUS foods will keep you feeling full while that same 1000 cals may be spent on processed or refined foods that only keep you full for a little while. :drinker:

OH and a note about increasing fiber. Do it gradually or your insides will hate you. Track your fiber at first til it becomes habit. If you've been eating 10 grams don't jump to 25 in one day and drink LOTS of water til your body get adjusted. :blushing:
  • jmlopez1969
    jmlopez1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try consuming at least 35 grams of fiber a day. This helps me fill full. Im real big in fiber one products and almonds.
  • jmlopez1969
    jmlopez1969 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    and I agree, dont try to start off with 35 grams of fiber right off the bat. Gradually work you way up.
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I came across the recipe for the "Sacred Heart Diet Soup" and it's wonderful. 1 cup of the soup is only 37 calories! You can eat it all day long! I started to add a cup of it to my meals or have it for a snack. I don't feel hungry anymore and it's sooooo good for you. The best part is that you can make a HUGE pot of it and leave it in your fridge for the entire week. It won't go bad. I make a pot every Monday and it lasts all week.

You can find the recipe on www.idiet4u.com I wouldn't suggest to follow the "Sacred Heart Diet" but definately steal the recipe for the soup! Good luck!
  • lynk28
    lynk28 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I'm going to give it a try. :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I saved calories for a cup of 1% milk before bedtime. It gave me all that I needed to get thru the night
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I had to play with this but I did finally get to the point where I was never hungry. I eat eggs and/or turkey bacon nearly every day at breakfast. I have a cup of salad with low-fat dressing with my lunch every day. I eat a piece of meat with beans or peas for dinner. I just had to find the right balance of fiber and protein that would keep me in my calorie range for the day and make me not feel hungry.