weight loss, no excersise?

Options
has anyone lost weight from mfp on just calorie counting and no or very little excersise? ive lost 8lbs in 10 days with no excersise, im with my daughter 24/7 while her daddy is in camp and its next to impossible for me to get to gym as much as id love to

Replies

• niecysj
    niecysj Posts: 12
    Options
    that's great, just counting calories...
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You don't need to exercise to lose weight. Just exercise aids weight loss greatly. You just started dropping weight comes pretty quick if you play the system correctly. After a while you'll see the numbers slow down but they'll keep on dropping long as your eat right.
  • crystalfleming1
    crystalfleming1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    great to know, thanks guys :)
  • lilysmama08
    lilysmama08 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I havent started working out yet but I am going to when i've lost 20 pounds. I dont want to just look good in clothes, i wanna look good naked! Get a workout dvd! Jillian michaels 30 day shred is less than $10 at walmart and gives amazing results!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    A person I know lost 100lbs from just diet alone because she's wheel chair bound. It took her awhile and she's not as "tight" as she'd like to be, but the weight loss tremendously change her health statis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    You can get 30 Day Shred on YouTube for free. I would try to do some sort of exercise, but if you're looking after a little one, I would guess you're burning calories that you don't even realize.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Body-weight exercises such as squats and lunges and aerobics like jogging in place or jumping jacks can be done in home and at random times, spontaneously.

Exercise, though, isn't necessary for fat loss - you just have to eat less than what your body needs in total energy. Exercise, however, is essential for maintenance, especially for those whose fat loss came without exercise.