Reebok Easytones

Options
Has anyone tried out the new Reebok Easytone shoes? I was thinking about getting a pair but they are a little pricey for me and I don't want to buy them if they aren't worth the price!!!

Anyone have anything to say about them? bad or good?

Replies

• erika928
    erika928 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it's just all hype. I went on an extensive shoe hunt and ended up finding a great shoe that I hadn't heard of before. They are Ryka shoes - designed especially for women for example there is more cushion on the back for smaller ankles as well as most of the weight is on the heel of the shoe. They feel great, look cute and allow me to run without my feet killing me even when they were new. Google them! :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    If you use the search feature on the message board you will find a TON of reviews on the easy tones and the ugly sketcher version.

You're not going to get ripped on them but I do like the way they challenge your balance.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I was at the emerald cup this weekend ( a body building comp. My trainer was competing) and one of the girls who was working the booth had them on. She had a great butt too. We kept joking it was the shoes. I really think its cause she was only 20 years old and she was lucky to have a great butt. Lol. My friend said she would kill me if I got those shoes cause they are so ugly. Lol.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion: Save your money and just take an extra few minutes a day to do some bodyweight training that targets your legs. Aka bodyweight squats, lunges, jumping rope, box jumps, box step-ups. You'll build muscles and balance naturally in this manner.

Here's a NYT article on the "Shape Up" fad:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/health/08well.html

"But the claim that the shoes offer muscle toning is backed by a single study involving just five people, not published in a peer-reviewed academic journal."
  • rmangum68
    Options
    Well I have the ugly Sketchers and I love them. I have been wearing them as much as possible for the last 4 months and my legs, back and all feels so much better in these shoes. They may not be a fashion statement but I love them. It was interesting getting use to the feel of these shoes. Now I am not ripped by no means but I do them credit for the weight loss I have had so far.

happy:

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]431731.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • erika928
    erika928 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So I think you're getting feedback about two different kinds of shoes the EasyTone and the sketchers fit. I agree the Sketchers look crazy, but they do challenge you. The EasyTone shoes look GREAT, but I don't know that you're gaining much. However, the commercials REALLY made me want some! LOL! That model...if I could only look HALF as good as her lol!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I bought them several months ago for my trip to disney - I figured if they were going to get a workout, that would be the best place!
    Day 1 - my feet were killing me! The technology is that there are little bosu balls in the shoes, so you feel like you are walking on small stability boards. If you protonatewhen you walk, it really makes you aware of your gait and you have to correct it or you can risk turning an ankle.
    Day two - my calves and hammies were definitely feeling it. Again, had to take several tylenol to deal with the foot pain because I over protonate when I walk (or run).
    By the end of the week, my legs were sore, and I did feel like I got a decent workout from wearing them all day long while walking through all the theme parks.

I've had to take a break from wearing them because I do have a nasty case of plantar fasciitis, and arthritis in my left foot. My feet were just too sore from wearing them on a regular basis.

HOWever, I would have to disagree with Tami - these are far less ugly than what Skechers, or Fitflops offer. I find them very stylish and there are so many cute colors to choose from!
  • bariachic
    bariachic Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the Skechers, the are ugly but I have terrible posture and they seemed to help! But I definitely didn't lose any weight just from the shoe.