When you still can't see a difference...

Dexy_
Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
...you ask the forums!

The first pic is from Christmas 2011, after being losing weight for about 2 months, so I'd have been around 82kgs. The second is today, so January 2013 at 65kgs. I can obviously see a bit of a difference, but no where near 15+kgs! Opinions?

12341448_9626.jpg

12341448_6168.jpg

Replies

• DaphneAtx
    DaphneAtx Posts: 153
    Have you been taking your measurements? This is an indicator if you're losing fat or LBM. You could also try taking another pic of you standing up. It's hard to see what your body looks like when you're sitting down.
  • should take your progress pictures in front of a blank wall or a door in the same pose every time so that you can see the results...

do the basic 12 photos...

facing forward arms down...
    facing forward arms on hips...
    facing forward showing your guns...
    feet to 45 degree angle with upper body facing forward...(Right)
    feet to 45 degree angle with upper body facing forward...(Left)
    Now turn around and make all the same poses facing away from camera...

Then do one of each leg muscle flexed... And do these once every 30 days.
  • Dexy_
    Unfortunately, like most fat people, I hide from the camera like the plague and that's the best photo I could find from 'before' :(
  • you dont have to Share the photos.. you can keep them for yourself.. and just share them when you like the progress
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Try putting on some of your old clothes especially ones that were tight on you before. That can be a good reminder of how far you've come
  • Dexy_
    Try putting on some of your old clothes especially ones that were tight on you before. That can be a good reminder of how far you've come

I still wear all my old size 16/18 clothes and they still fit, even though I can buy 12/14s and they fit as well. I'm just so confused at how the scale can change a fair bit, but the body not at all :-/

At least you're all making me feel like I'm not blind, and that there isn't a difference :)
  • caroalec
    caroalec Posts: 92 Member
    I think you look great and I can see a difference.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    I definitely see a big difference, you look much more lean. Keep up the good work
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Also when comparing try do use pictures at the same angles. When taking progress pics take a bunch standing a different angles then compare ones of the same angle every few weeks/months. One picture standing up/one sitting down or one lying down/one sitting down ETC will make it harder to judge yourself. The more uniform you make your pictures the easier it is to judge your progress

I think you look great BTW!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fuurrrr....

on a serious note you look fabulous great job! =)
  • lilysmama08
    lilysmama08 Posts: 60 Member
    I see a HUGE difference! And wth...i wear a 13/14 and my legs are nowhere near that small. How tall are you?
  • Dexy_
    wth...i wear a 13/14 and my legs are nowhere near that small. How tall are you?

I'm 5'3" and the tights I'm wearing in that picture are AUS 10. (But jeans/normal pants I'm 12/14)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    It's a bit hard to tell with 2 different shots like that. Have you go a before standing pic?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member

I still wear all my old size 16/18 clothes and they still fit, even though I can buy 12/14s and they fit as well. I'm just so confused at how the scale can change a fair bit, but the body not at all :-/

At least you're all making me feel like I'm not blind, and that there isn't a difference :)

But did you have anything that was getting really tight before or that you could no longer button up? That kind of thing
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member

You are making progress. Now let me say this, while you are able to buy 12/14 because they "fit" here's some advice for ALL women, "Just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits." If people bought the size that they actually wear and would IGNORE the number, then they would buy clothes that fit better which in turn make your body look better. The only person that knows the size is you. There is nothing to be ashamed about either. You are working hard and you know it. So OWN IT and buy the right size.
  • aryya
    aryya Posts: 33 Member
    Yup, I see a crazy change! For progress pix I take 1 every month, exact same stance, exact same outfit (bathing suit, make that). I do 3 shots - front, back and side, and always in the morning before eating food or drinking anything ;) I'm slightly OCD. :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!