Went on a great hike in Oregon today!!

Options
tlapdx72
tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
I had such a great day today. I went on a hike in the Oregon gorge. It was so beautiful!! I didn't use to like hiking, because I would get winded, and too hot. I felt like life was just passing me by. Well now that I have lost 40 pounds, I have been enjoying life! It feels great to be able to hike uphill for 2 hours, and to be able to look at the gorgeous views. I am so thankful that I have come this far. I still have 60 pounds more to lose, but I know I will do it.

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    great!
    and the weather was perfect!

i have not hiked in years!
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    I know this was posted a while ago but where in the gorge did you go? I love hiking and live in Oregon. As a child we went to my uncles property and went through the gorge all the time to get there. How long is the hike you went on?
    Thanks !
    Wishing good health.
  • tlapdx72
    Options
    I went to Multnomah Falls. We hiked up to the very top, where you see the view from the top of the falls. Then we went further up where the water comes from that falls over the falls. We hiked for about another half an hour. We could have gone even further, but it was getting late. I love going there. It is sooo beautiful!
  • tlapdx72
    Options
    and today would be a perfect day for a hike :)
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    that it would its a beautiful day isn't it?
  • ldarter
    ldarter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Oregon is a beautiful place to hike and hiking is one of my passions. It is also a great way to burn calories and a little more interesting than some of the other alternatives.
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I live in Oregon also. We are very blessed with wonderful places to hike....even right in the heart of Portland!!!!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I live in Oregon as well, about 30 miles out of Portland. I love only having to drive 5 miles to find beautiful trails to hike!
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    sweetie where do you go to hike? I'm looking for some places to go with my kids (ages 14, 15).
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    sweetie where do you go to hike? I'm looking for some places to go with my kids (ages 14, 15).

jen,
    where in oregon r u? i am in ptld. i have discovered the best hikes in forrest heights!

robin:heart:
  • rocksi
    rocksi Posts: 3
    Options
    How long has it taken you to lose 40 lb's? That's great! Are you doing anything particular or just eating right and exercising? I love hiking and like you said, Oregon is a great place to do it!
  • tlapdx72
    Options
    I have done it pretty slow. It has taken me about a year. I work out at the gym about five days a week. Thank you :)
  • CaitlinEats
    CaitlinEats Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oregon (and Washington) hikers, check out 100 Hikes in _____ (NW Oregon, Central Oregon, etc.) by William Sullivan--it's a whole series of hiking books and they are by far the best out there. He includes excellent directions and the descriptions are really easy to understand so you can pick appropriate hikes for your level.

Angel's Rest is a nice easy hike for kids and beginners, and only a few miles outside Portland in the Gorge.

My favorite spring hike is Dog Mountain, on the Washington side of the Gorge, in May and June when the wildflowers are blooming. Beautiful!

:smile:
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    William Sullivan will be at the Salem Public library with pictures from hikes tomorrow i believe. I know he's been there before too.
    It was in the statesman journal this morning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!